Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charity Poker Tournament @ Fox Poker Club (93-107 Shaftesbur​y Avenue, W1D 5DY)

PLEASE NOTE I DO REALISE THIS CLASHES WITH OUR FIRST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON! (My bad luck in trying to second guess the fixtures!)

On 19th February 2012, my very good friend Kevin Harper had a (benign) tumour removed from his brain stem. After 9 weeks in Kings College Hospital, he was then transferred to the Elmstead Rehabilitation Unit (Sidcup). On 1st June 2012 (after a total of 4 ops), Kev returned home, where his rehab continues.

Feeling quite useless, his friends have decided to raise some much needed cash for Brain Tumour UK and also for Kings College Hospital. On Saturday 7th July we held a Race Night @ Old Shootershillian RFC, which raised over £3,100 - it was a great night. Among our other planned events (so far) are a Poker Tournament on Tuesday 21st August (see below) and a 5-a-side Football Competition on 16th Sept., which we already have 12 teams signed up for. There are also plans for a 2 Day Boot Camp and I am running the Dartford Half Marathon on 22nd July.

The summer of 2012 - We're calling it HarperFest! I hope you will join us.

This event at a professional poker club is by invitation only. To accept, please e-mail me (arrymental@sky.com) and send £25 to me ASAP payable to HarperFest. Or pay direct to our HarperFest bank account - Sort Code 30-18-25, A/c no.22493268.

Once you have paid, I will provide you with a link to register (free) with Fox for our private event. Their website for you to view is - http://www.foxpokerclub.com/

Maximum 32 players. Starting with 8 players on 4 tables.
As people get knocked out, the tables will be whittled down.
18:30 prompt start. (Meet in the club bar at 18:00 - 18:15)
£25 entrance fee gets you 2,000 chips. £20 in the pot, £5 on bounties.
One buy-in allowed - either £20 for 2,000 chips or £10 for 1,000 chips. Therefore catering for different budgets.
One top up allowed at the cut off point (circa 20:30) £10 for 1,000 chips.
Bounties are won when you take the last of another player's chips. (You can only lose your own bounty chip, ones you win are yours to cash-in.)
Cash prizes to be announced after cut off point, i.e. when the total cash pot is known. (50% to charity, 50% to cash prizes).
Once people start getting knocked out (circa 20:45), we have the option to start another small game on one of our spare tables, if enough interest.
Novice players are welcome and can learn at the table. Believe me, I have seen novices win on their first game/tournament!!

Kevin's colleagues in New York have agreed to put £400 behind the bar for all the players, so your first few drinks will be free too!

I look forward to hearing from you very soon....first come first served. I appreciate that a lot of you won't be able to play due to the clash with the Leicester game, however if you are interested please get in touch ASAP please.

Cheers

'Arry

PS - If any of you kind Addicks would like to make a donation, you can do so here; http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/HarperFest7
Thank you.