Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the five albums in your life

1. The first one you really got into

2. The one you can go back to again and again

3. The one that makes you sad

4. The one that bring back happy memories of when you first heard.

5. the one you really like but not many of your friends do

Comments

• Options
    1) Turning Point-John Mayall.
    2) John Barleycorn must die-Traffic-anything with Stevie Winwood in.
    3) I have got all Nick Drake's albums,such a waste what happened to him.
    4) This is Soul-a compilation with Percy Sledge,Otis Redding etc-it brings back wonderful memories of a very happy childhood.
    5) Inner Mounting Flame-Mahavishnu Orchestra.I was going through a spiritual phase at the time.But i think it was down to too much substance abuse.Everybody i know hates this album and the group.
  • Options
    1) The "Red & Blue" Albums - The Beatles
    2) A Trick of the Tail - Genesis
    3) Tapestry - Carole King
    4) Once upon a Time - Simple Minds
    5) Whatever you say, say nothing - Deacon Blue
  • Options
    Parade - Spandau Ballet

Road to Hell - Chris Rea

None make me sad but any rap depresses me.

Grease - Soundtrack

Stunt - Barenaked Ladies
  • Options
    1. Humble Pie- Rockin the Fillmore
    2.Led Zepp 2
    3.None really.
    4.Foo Fighters Greatest hits.
    5. Same as dick, even seen them a few times but don't know anyone who likes them. Anthing with John Mclaughlin on guitar is worth a listen.
  • Options
    Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
    Marbles - Marillion
    Songs for Drella - Lou Reed / John Cale
    Love Junk - Pursuit of Happiness
    Somewhere in England - Dumpy's Rusty Nuts
  • Options
    I can do number 5 right now. Todd Rundgren's A Wizard, A True Star. No matter how much I bang on about the brilliance of this album, no one l know likes it or gets it. In fact, no one else I know likes Todd Rundgren.
  • Options
    I can do number 5 right now. Todd Rundgren's A Wizard, A True Star. No matter how much I bang on about the brilliance of this album, no one l know likes it or gets it. In fact, no one else I know likes Todd Rundgren.
    I have seen Todd Rundgren live on a number of occasions,i like him.

• Options
    1. The Land of Grey & Pink - Caravan

2. Modern Times – Latin Quarter

3. Blood & Chocolate – Elvis Costello

4. Pigeon Detectives – Wait for me

5. Food, sex & paranoia - Furniture
  • Options
    1) Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton - Just blew me away it was the first time I had heard an electric guitar at full wick
    2) Led Zepp 1 just broke so much new ground
    3) Talking Book - Stevie Wonder my first great love bought me it for my birthday and then left me I couldn't play it for years but now I love it and the memories come back
    4) Beatles - Revolver carefree days at school listening to The Beatles in our English teachers form room at lunch time
    5) Strangely Blue by Joanie Mitchell nobody in my family or amongst my friends like it
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    1. The first one you really got into - Rubber Soul - Beatles, released in 1965 when I was 1, but I remember it being played a lot (music always played in my house when I was a kid) when I was 5 or 6, new all the words.

2. The one you can go back to again and again - Quo Live 1977? - The best live album by any band IMHO, bar none.

3. The one that makes you sad - ? Not really got an album that makes me sad.

4. The one that bring back happy memories of when you first heard. Tres Hombres ZZ Top

5. the one you really like but not many of your friends do - From the Cradle - Clapton, too bluesy for some.

** The above may all change tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Nirvana - Nevermind ;-)
    2. Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Horse of the Dog
    3. Kings of Leon - Only by the night (the death of a good band)
    4. The Libertines - Up the Bracket
    5. Sunshine Underground - Raise the Alarm
  • Options
    Greenie

Interesting choice for From the Cradle I absolutely love that album and went to see EC when he performed most of that album at The Albert Hall back in about 1992-3 or so. I know people who walked out because he didn't play Layla! Absolute dicks!
  • Options
    1. What's The Story... - Oasis

2. Revolver - The Beatles

3. First Impressions of Earth - The Strokes

4. Stadium Arcadium - RHCP

5. A Certain Trigger - Maximo Park
  • Options
    Greenie

Interesting choice for From the Cradle I absolutely love that album and went to see EC when he performed most of that album at The Albert Hall back in about 1992-3 or so. I know people who walked out because he didn't play Layla! Absolute dicks!
    DaveAddick - Yes I was there, same thing happened in the late 80's (forget the year), Buddy Guy, Albert King etc played, the best line up of blues gods ever on one stage and no nothing idiots wanting Layla, Cocaine etc. I took a small tape recorder and recorded as much as I could, then BBC broadcast it anyway on Radio one. From The Cradle is possibly my favourite Clapton album, pure music.
  • Options
    1. The first one you really got into - Strange days by the Doors

2. The one you can go back to again and again - Hawkwind's first album

3. The one that makes you sad - Songs of Leonard Cohen

4. The one that bring back happy memories of when you first heard. - The Mark Almond Band's first album - (not Marc Almond or Soft Cell, completely different kettle of fish)

5. the one you really like but not many of your friends do - Powerglide by the New Riders of the Purple Sage
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    1. Smiths - Hatful of Hollow
    2. There isn't one. I blame the ipod.
    3. Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (2nd half)
    4. The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic
    5. Soviet Army Chorus and Band - Traditional Songs
  • Options
    1. Electric Ladyland :Hendrix
    2. Band of Gypses: Hendrix
    3. Blue: Joni Mitchell
    4. Bryter later: Nick Drake
    5. On the Boards: Taste/Rory Gallgher.
    I tend to listen to bootlegs and Led Zep, Free, and Cream tend to be what I listen to, with Hendrix and Rory
  • Options
    1. The Wonder Stuff - Eight Legged Groove Machine

2. Oasis - Definately Maybe

3. Portishead - Dummy

4. Carter USM - 30 Something

5. Sugar - Copper Blue
  • Options

2. The one you can go back to again and again - Hawkwind's first album

Great album, Hurry on Sundown and Mirror of Illusion, great tracks, how could I forget!!!
  • Options

5. A Certain Trigger - Maximo Park
    Good band and excellent debut album
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    1. The frist one you really got into - well there was two for me... Bob Dylan - bringing it all back home
    and Eminem - slim shady lp.

2. The one you go back to again and again - Sufjan Stevens - illinois or System of a down - Mezmerize.

3. The one that makes you sad - not so sure it makes me that sad but Daniel Johnston - 1990.

4. The one that brings back happy memories of when you first heard - Bob Marley - Exodus

5. The one you really like but not many of your friends do - Three cheers for sweet revenge by My Chemical Romance.
    because of the emo sterotyping and its cool not to like them i think people (including anyone i know) have missed out on a pretty good (over produced maybe) rock album.
  • Options
    1. The first one you really got into - 20 Golden Greats - Beach Boys (if you can include compilation albums?)

2. The one you can go back to again and again - 1977 - Ash

3. The one that makes you sad - not sure really it's more individual songs that do that

4. The one that bring back happy memories of when you first heard. Hope is Important - Idlewild

5. the one you really like but not many of your friends do - Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi, or Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf!
  • Options
    My cousin's husband is a total Rundgren FREAK. He's been to TR's house in Hawaii, a special camp for TR's 60th birthday, he has every single recorded song, word and deed of TR's and named his son (my second cousin) after Todd Rundgren and Lowell George (i.e. Todd Lowell). Other than that, Brad is quite normal !! .. As for me, Lowell George I get, Todd .... mmmmm !
  • Options
    1. Suede: Suede - Wasn't really into music unitl I heard Animal Nitrate. Went straight out and bought this the next day

2. Neil Young & Crazy Horse: Everybody Knows This is Nowhere - Classic and my favourite Neil Young record

3. The Shins: Oh, Inverted World - Memories of break up of girl and old band

4. Queens of the Stone Age: Songs for the Deaf - The soundtrack to a brilliant summer of road trips

5. Joanna Newsom - Ys - Most people I know can't get past her voice
  • Options
    1. The first one you really got into. Waiting For The Sun, The Doors. Threw me head-long in their music.

2. The one you can go back to again and again. Youth & Young Manhood, Kings of Leon. Their first and best album.

3. The one that makes you sad. Spokes, Plaid. No idea why. Very emotive electronic music but spellbindingly well produced.

4. The one that bring back happy memories of when you first heard. Dig Lazarus, Dig!!! Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. Absolutely love this album. Absolutely love Nick Cave. Awesome.

5. The one you really like but not many of your friends do. White Pony, Deftones. Unbelievably well produced by Terry Date. Love it.
  • Options

4. Queens of the Stone Age: Songs for the Deaf - The soundtrack to a brilliant summer of road trips

Very nearly went into my one I can go back to again and again, I love QotSA as you might be able to tell from my pic
  • Options
    edited July 2012

5. The one you really like but not many of your friends do. White Pony, Deftones. Unbelievably well produced by Terry Date. Love it.
    love that album. pink maggit is a bloody awesome track. in fact i'm gonna find it and play it now.
  • Options
    1. Parallel lines by Blondie
    2. New Gold Dream/Sons and Fascination /Sister Feelings by Simple Minds
    3. Nebraska -Bruce Springsteen
    4. What Does Anything Mean Basically -The Chameleons /Astral Weeks -Van Morrison
    5. Solid Air -John Martyn
  • Options

love that album. pink maggit is a bloody awesome track. in fact i'm gonna find it and play it now.
    I would be so bold to say it's my Number 1 album, ever. There's not a bad track on it. I'm looking forward to their new album due out this summer. Chino Moreno has said it's musically very similar to White Pony.
  • Options
    didn't Todd Rungren produce an early Hall and Oates album ? there is some good stuff on that as i recall .War Babies ?