Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruined by the weather!

Boys sports day cancelled.TWICE ! Now indefinitely. When did that ever happen in our day?
Tickets for the first test next week which will probably be spent in the bar.
Anyone else had things buggered up by this rather impressive blighty summer?

Comments

• Options
    Yep,
    Lost about 15 games of cricket so far this season including 2 tour games and an upcoming tour of Dorset may well be spent in the pub.
  • Options
    Work. Got a mountain of outdoor work (painting, roofing etc) piling up and can't get on with any of it.
  • Options
    Yep , kids sports day postponed 3 times . Now its being held ' behind closed doors ' . You dont get many sports days
  • Options
    2 classic car shows cancelled, another 2 that I got to spoilt by the weather. Daughter was supposed to be on the dance stage at the Danson festival on Sunday - Cancelled on H&S grounds as too wet. Various days that I had earmarked for working in the garden f****d.
  • Options
    Various days that I had earmarked for working in the garden f****d.
    That's when this weather becomes a godsend. ;-)
  • Options
    Sunday afternoon sitting in the gardem reading the papers..not only is is wet but it is also cold! Poxy weather I hate it and before we know it it will be Winter again.....I'm going back to bed depressed now!
  • Options
    Somehow I've managed to miss the worst of the rain when I have things planned, went to Field day and apart from the very end it was dry, Radio 1 Hackney thing was mainly dry, ODI against the Aussies ot the Oval about a 15 minute shower in the whole day and London to Brighton bike ride I actually had the worst sunburn ever.

However I fully expect it to now be chucking it down for Blur at Hyde park and I'm going up to Headingley for the test match
  • Options
    Had about 8 cricket matches called off so far...getting very tedious now!
  • Options
    Only taken one trip this year. To Viking Bay at Whitstable a couple of weeks ago. Was warm enough for a dip in the sea and Morelli ice cream afterwards. Rain was expected that day so we got lucky.

We did earn it though - Last year we attended the Isle of Wight music festival which effectively became a mud bath.
  • Options
    got a feeling it will brighten up for the olympics
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know we as Brits 'always' have a preoccupation with the weather...however I can honestly say that in all my 64 years I've never seen such ongoing gloomy weather for May/June and (so far) July.
    It's the lack of sunshine and low temperatures that get's us all down....a bit of rain, well as Brits we can sort of live with that but the continual grey, cloudy skies with very very little sun is such a bummer.
    And how's the Olympics shaping up?
    I fear Greenwich Park may well take one hell of a battering at this rate, the ground is so soft!
  • Options
    Given up on Welsh Wales with the caravan, so off to France avec la caravane, but this campsite reply is a tad worrying. ' So we have just sold your credit card to the amount of 110EUR including 90EUR of deposit on your stay and 20EUR of booking fees. We thank you for it.'

• Options
    My Dad's moaning so much about missing all his bowls games on the Isle of Wight due to waterlogged pitches. It's hard to find sympathy for him when I'm struggling in and out of London in the downpours!
  • Options
    organised a work away day on the south coast tomorrow. looking like a bit of a disaster at the minute.

went to a wedding last month which was due to take place outside. Started drizzling and 5 minutes before the ceremony the groom, best man and ushers were hauling chairs into this crap room inside the venue.
  • Options
    Had hoped to watch Kent play cricket but cannot afford to take the risk of losing a days holiday with no play not to mention travel, entry costs etc so have not bothered.
  • Options
    spent all day sunday pointing my patio i've just built (for the umpteenth time following jeers that it doesn't look right). Light showers all day on and off but didn't really affect the pointing so didn't nbother covering it over. Finished about 6pm, went in, had dinner. By 6.30 we'd had a flashflood rain storm and it looked like as sand pit. Rain is becominga real pain in the backside - camping trips cancelled, birthday bbq's ruined. We must get a summer at some point though surely?
  • Options
    Sunday night dogging club cancelled due to a water logged car park.
  • Options
    is that why you get all these calls..?
  • Options
    I blame it on the Mayan Prophecies.

Mayan calendar finishes on 22nd December - supposedly with cataclysmic effects upon the planet.

This summer is just a 'dry run' ...... I guess that's the irony.

;o)

• Options
    Sunday night dogging club cancelled due to a water logged car park.
    How comes I saw you there then with Sheila ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Try running a roofing company when we have rain every single day. Plans and programmes have gone out of the window.

But, on the other hand.........we are grateful for the leaks that the rain causes as it brings in lots of work, we just struggle to get the work finished between the showers.
  • Options
    Boys sports day cancelled.TWICE ! Now indefinitely. When did that ever happen in our day?
    Tickets for the first test next week which will probably be spent in the bar.
    Anyone else had things buggered up by this rather impressive blighty summer?
    Sounds like my life. Special 'Olympics' sports day cancelled - now to be held inside (without parents) and fully expect to be spending eighty-odd quid to have the privilege of buying £4 beer at the Oval next week
  • Options
    I am having a summer party on Saturday :)
  • Options
    Got tickets for the classical open air picnic concert at Leeds castle Saturday as a surprise for the misses, but with heavy rain forecast that's going to be good.
  • Options
    Going to the Cricket next Thursday - so expect another day of standing in a tent drinking out of a plastic cup.

Also, heading up to Lytham St Anne's next Friday for the Open, so expect the cloud to follow us up there and stand in the wind and rain for 2 days hopefully not hearing people shouting 'get in the hole' as that will tip me over the edge.

The following weekend have the Hyde Park Blur concert thingy.

The new wellies I put on my birthday present list will need to be opened early I think.
  • Options
    They picked a good 'rest' year for Glastonbury!
  • Options
    I am having a summer party on Saturday :)
    What time do you want us all there?
  • Options

Mayan calendar finishes on 22nd December - supposedly with cataclysmic effects upon the planet.

;o)

Terrific,that's my birthday

• Options

;o)

Terrific,that's my birthday

What year ;-)
  • Options
    They picked a good 'rest' year for Glastonbury!
    yeah, and Isle of Wight festival organisers should have known better to move their festival to 'glastonbury' weekend!!