Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do we deserve an explanation?

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Personally, I think so.

While we don't want any dirty laundry aired and there may not be anything concrete to say, I can't help but feel pretty poorly treated by our club.

There is clearly something going on, Powell wanted new signings before this weekend and I'm sure he can't be content just with an average league 1 rb as cover and a youngster who no one knows how he'll turn out. Not when we see how the massive have strengthened.

Although there are still clearly a number of unknows, CL has uncovered certain issues and the club know that we know something is going on (share changes etc).

They have hundreds of thousands of £s of our money in season tickets and don't feel they owe us even the slightest glimmer of an explanation as to what's going on.

I'm fully expecting abuse from the rose-tinted brigade but it's just my opinion. I'm really not impressed with how we appear to be being treated.

Comments

• Options
    So the facts we know are:

1) The club reportedly had cashflow problems
    2) Peter Varney has left the board
    3) Alex Newall has left the board
    4) We've invested significantly in academy backroom staff
    5) We're starting a u21s team
    6) The chairman says we're finding it difficult to sign our targets as we are a fish swimming in a bigger pond than last season
    7) The club doesn't seem to have cashflow problems any more
    8) We bought a decent right back and signed a promising striker
    9) We didn't sell Leon Clarke to Oldham
    10) TJ has acquired19.8 % shares in CAFC holdings from the Mysterons

There's a lot more to be happy about on that list than to be concerned about.

Great post from the other day.CAFC.

• Options
    Do you know what? As someone who has invested in a season ticket, I think you may have a point. I can't believe that Chris Powell is really happy with the calibre of the players brought in. The only positive is that we haven't sold any key players (yet).
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    Be patient. All will soon be revealed! This house of cards will soon collapse!
  • Options
    How can you expect an explanation for something you don't know about?
  • Options
    Blimus !

• Options
    Ah, the mysterious Roma...
  • Options
    Looking at the squad going into the Welling game, which Chris Powell said would have all or the majority of his targets, are you not in the least bit concerned?
  • Options
    We don't know anything for sure but please don't tell me that the lack of strengthening or explanation for such and the info that people on here have shared isn't evidence enough that things aren't all rosey. Even if we don't know the details, it would be incredibly naive to think that there aren't clearly problems.
  • Options
    Looking at the squad going into the Welling game, which Chris Powell said would have all or the majority of his targets, are you not in the least bit concerned?
    No, I'm not. People seem to forget the amount of players that we signed last season. It was more than what some League One clubs would recruit in 3-4 seasons combined.

Plus, the season doesn't start for another month yet.

I honestly think we will look back at all this in a year's time and feel a bit silly after we realize it was probably a big fuss about nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    18 months ago we were in League 1, going out of business and could only sign players noone else wanted.
    We have the 2nd cheapest season tickets in the division.
    The infrastructure right through the club has been heavily invested in.

We deserve an explanation

Last summer we could outbid clubs for players so Green, Hollands, BWP would come here over any other League 1 club. Unfortunately that's not going to happen this summer. We're gonna have to get used to having a Semedo who will go elsewhere cos another club will pay over the odds for them.
  • Options
    You can't just say that. Explanation please & source.
  • Options
    Look at the clues, i think Roma is Paul Daniels......
  • Options
    Buy your season ticket/pay on the day-that's your lot.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Mr mysterion please tell more........
  • Options
    Mr mysterion please tell more........
    Why are we so sure this poster is an insider?

• Options
    If they are an insider i am TJ.........
  • Options
    What if there isn't anything to explain except for the fact Jiminez has bought some more shares which doesn't really need an explanation. Slater has already come out and said there is nothing to worry about so why should we have to assume he is lying.
  • Options
    Depends on whether an explanation does more damage than good.
  • Options
    I am MS's backer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considering the sort of hysteria that goes on amongst Charlton fans at just some non-confirmed speculation from people with sources, it's probably a good thing they don't say anything when they don't need to. This place would go into a State of Emergency!
  • Options
    Another thread recycling the same stuff!!!!!
  • Options
    Deserve? Why?

Would we like members of the board to come out and tell us exactly what is going on, and then do it again tomorrow and so on, yeh I guess, until something more exciting happens.

We were told last season that the players bought were intended to perform at Championship level, and now we are going to see whether that is what they can do. Of course, as we steamed to the top and stayed there last season we began to entertain fantasies about drafting in the stars of the future and doing the same this season. But we were told weren't we?
  • Options
    We were, we were.