Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adam Ant at The Orchard, Dartford

Took my sister as a birthday treat, he may be carrying a bit more weight (who isn't) but as soon as I heard those drums it was a like a wonderful trip back to our teenage years, he has still got that familiar swagger. Great night!!!

Comments

• Though the swagger is more like a waddle nowadays!
  • There was a paunch I will admit but considering where he has been that is a small price to pay. He was performing as Adam Ant and the Good, Mad and Lovely Posse introduced the band as good himself as mad and the audience as lovely!!
  • I was going to go but had some car trouble.
  • You should have just put some wax on the tracks and slide on out of there....... this could go on and on :)
  • Apart from the extra weight he was carrying I thought his voice was good and it was a great show and performance.Certainly a trip down memory lane and very enjoyable one at that too.
  • I totally agree KK I was apprehensive before I went because it is sad when you see idols from your past that just don't have it anymore but thankfully that wasn't the case his voice was good and he is still a top performer.
  • Spot on Bowie and was very apprehensive about going and so glad I went now.My only grumble was that they didn't produce a program unless they sold out before I got there?I was there by 7 though!
  • No I didn't see a program either, we got there about 7.15 and breathed a huge sigh of relief that we hadn't gone for the classic Adam Ant make up, saw a few who had tried but it really doesn't look the same on a a forty something as it did when we were 15. Was really glad he played a lot of tracks from the pre Kings of the Wild Frontier period as I wasn't expecting that, the new track sounded good as well.
  • My sister went last night and said it was "fantastic, bloody brilliant".

I went to see him at the O2 last year. Think it was ok, but I was so far out the game I don't really remember anything to be honest, which was a pity.
  • Yeah went yesterday as well....amazing as always (third time i have seen him in past two years)
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard he's a complete mess, or at least was. Very odd bloke from what ive heard from a mate that knows a lot of the new romantic stars.
  • Didn't know about this, I'd have definitely gone. Still got dusty (and probably scratched) copies of Kings of the wild frontiers and Dirk wears white sox albums.
  • Just noticed he's playing Chatham on the 8th Sept. Think I'm goona book me a couple of tickets................................
  • Just noticed he's playing Chatham on the 8th Sept. Think I'm goona book me a couple of tickets................................
    Going to that one too haha!

He had a lot of depression during the early 2000's. But he has come out of that and in my opinion he is one of the best acts I have seen live.
  • He's also playing Shepherds Bush Empire on 30th Novembet
  • He is at the Silverstone Classic this weekend with Mike and the Mechanics.....
  • I've been looking at some of the dates to go and see him again,was impressed on the night and want more now!
  • So bowieaddick you wasnt one of the two down the front in all the gear then?! As you said it did look odd forty something's with paint on and the kings wild frontier jacket on! I was thinking of going in the prince charming or an trap look but decided against!mind you that would of probaly
    Looked better than what I normally wear!It was good to hear a few from the pre kings era
  • Im glad we didnt have facebook back in the day. I dressed as Adam Ant in my school pop quiz... and remember standing on a desk singing Stand and Deliver to my year. I bet it was brilliant.
  • No KK I managed to resist the urge to dress like a fifteen year old, saw one lady wearing very sensible clothes, glasses and a white stripe across her nose it just looked wrong. Still as long as she enjoyed herself that is the main thing :)