Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jon Lord RIP

Comments

• Options
    Went to the same college as me, but before my (child in) time. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

Will listen to "Made in Japan" tonight.
  • Options
    John Lord RIP

Also Bob Babbitt RIP
  • Options
    An ABSOLUTE rock legend, one of a clutch of great pianist/organists from the 60s and 70s. It's strange, bordering on deja vu. I was thinking recently how Deep Purple would have sounded had Greg Rolie (Santana) been the D P/Rainbow keyboard man. RIP John Lord IN ROCK .. cancer claims another victim, pancreatic cancer did for Steve Jobs .. pancreatic is VERY hard to cure
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Rest In Peace, may there be some great keyboards wherever your heading
  • Options
    @kenfrombexley .. thanks for the video .. what a great live band they were
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Great video. A reminder of how flipping good rock music was back in the early 1970s. I'm glad I was there to see bands like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Pink Floyd & so many others in their pomp. RIP Jon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh shit....I'm gutted....what a very very sad day...RIP John...play away in heaven...it will ROCK!!! God bless sir. This has just genuinely made me cry....I grew up with his music.....loved all of it......nuff said.
  • Options
    Very sad news - one of the best keyboard players. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Fantastic intro to Lazy on Made in Japan....RIP Jon
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Saw this on the news this morning and listened to "Nobody's Perfect" on the way into work to remind myself just how good a live band Deep Purple were and how gutted I am never to have seen them in their heyday. RIP
  • Options
    I just heard on the car radio,classic Fm don't you know,a classical piece written by Jon Lord.It was really beautiful and soothing.About as far removed from Deep Purple as you can get.Deep Purple will always have a place in my heart as I used to go out with a girl who got really turned on by hearing Deep Purple in Rock.As you can imagine that record got a good bashing,so to speak.
  • Options
    I just heard on the car radio,classic Fm don't you know,a classical piece written by Jon Lord.It was really beautiful and soothing.About as far removed from Deep Purple as you can get.Deep Purple will always have a place in my heart as I used to go out with a girl who got really turned on by hearing Deep Purple in Rock.As you can imagine that record got a good bashing,so to speak.
    Was it "Lick my love pump"? (Sorry, Spinal Tap joke there)

I saw Deep Purple at Hammersmith years ago. Think it was the final date of their tour and it all got a bit weird at the encore when Blackmore didn't come out (apparently he'd thrown his toys out of his pram again) and so Jon Lord had to play the opening riff to Smoke on the Water on his organ - with some bird from Vixen (who were supporting) coming out to stand there playing the tamborine in the spot where all the lights were trained waiting for Blackmore! Surreal.

RIP
  • Options
    Very sad to hear. I like Deep Purple but I'm a massive Whitesnake fan - he played a part in a lot of their major hits people often forget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad to hear. RIP
  • Options
    Shows I am getting old, when the people from the bands I loved as a youngster, are passing away.
    Thanks Ken from bexley for the video.

RIP Jon Lord.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    First proper album I had - given to me by a kind family friend - was Deep Purple In Rock. I was very proud and carried it with me to school so people could see me with it. RIP.
  • Options
    You know youre getting old when icons from your youth start to pass away....RIP Jon, top man.
  • Options
    I drove to Verbier a couple of years ago for a skiing trip and as we went around Lake Geneva, Smoke on the Water got a bashing. So many memories from my teens of constantly playing ' Made in Japan' RIP 'Big' Jon