Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Secret society is bringing our country down

How many people do you know that are in jobs that they are just not capable of.

Comments

• Options
    Don't tell me you're a journalist, or English teacher? ;-)
  • Options
    or head of the Labour party?
  • Options
    Are you talking about Teresa May and Jeremy Hunt?*

*(insert your own choice of useless politician here)

• Options
    Neither,just frustrated that when things are found out at work and exposed you can take it as far as you want and at the end of the line its a handshake and all forgotten/covered up even though it might be untold sums of taxpayers money,so im told
  • Options
    Come on, out with it! Tell us what you're on about.
  • Options
    It is our negative media which reduces this country in the world. We have amongst the most widely read media in the world and it is all so negative. I blame the Daily Mail and Newscorp.
  • Options
    i think having a critical press is a good thing, but i agree, more and more seems to cross the line of being critical to just being negative. I also don't like the way the tabloid press has crossed over into other more traditional newspapers
  • Options
    Having seen this in action the easiest way to move an incompetent on is to give them a glowing reference. They move up the chain but cease to be your problem.

On the flip side I have seen the son of a boss (of what was then a major company) work his way down the ladder because he was so bad at each job his dad gave him.
  • Options
    I think it's bad grammar and spelling.
  • Options
    Peter Principle?

The principle is commonly phrased, "employees tend to rise to their level of incompetence".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, It's a flaw in the system - rather than promote outright, people should get a chance to show they can perform at that level first.
  • Options
    Peter Principle?

The principle is commonly phrased, "employees tend to rise to their level of incompetence".
    This was once submitted on a personnel evaluation form: He consistently sets himself low standards that he fails to achieve!

• Options
    No is the answer to the title of the thread.
    I do however know countless people who are utterly incompetent. (I'm an expert on this because I was one of them).
    Scarily, this includes someone who is now a director at a major high street bank.
  • Options
    This is a little strange. Can you give us an example of what you mean @bertpalmer ?
  • Options
    One of the best places I worked at had a "no blame culture" - rather than looking for a scapegoat everyone looked for a solution to the problem. Great collaborative working environment and very difficult to pull off. In fact a change of senior manager scuppered it in the end.
  • Options
    Neither,just frustrated that when things are found out at work and exposed you can take it as far as you want and at the end of the line its a handshake and all forgotten/covered up even though it might be untold sums of taxpayers money,so im told
    Think I know what your getting at. The company I worked for were at it. Taking tax payers money to run apprenticeship courses but continuing to claim that money even though the apprentices had stopped attending. Endless examples of forging documents to claim more government money for courses that were not properly delivered or claiming for job outcomes that were not real.
    The company (not A4e but similar on a smaller scale) were found out and had a 3m contract withdrawn but what this has meant in practice is that they went into administration - got rid of all staff including me - and then immediately reopened under a different name taking more taxpayers money to make fortunes for a small group of company directors.
  • Options
    One of the best places I worked at had a "no blame culture" - rather than looking for a scapegoat everyone looked for a solution to the problem. Great collaborative working environment and very difficult to pull off. In fact a change of senior manager scuppered it in the end.
    That sounds like a great place to be. Where I used to work the senior manager's immediate response to anything going wrong was to look for someone to blame and then go and bawl them out in front of their colleagues. Just produced an atmosphere of fear and mistrust which certainly didn't encourage people to want to put themselves out for the organisation.
  • Options
    @donnyaddick

I think you should blow the whistle on them mate.
  • Options
    hmm, how about getting the private sector to do things which were about quality and security and they were only interested in cutting corners for a fast buck..
  • Options
    It is the biggest smokescreen ever that the private sector can do things more cheaply to the same standard. Recent events like Olympic security have highlighted this. If you contract out work, you will get people paid less, with little or no pension, leave rights and less training - but they will be cheaper. A lot cheaper than you have actually pay out because the company will take most of the money as profit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @donnyaddick

I think you should blow the whistle on them mate.
    Certainly have - managed to get the story in most recent edition of Private Eye for starters.
  • Options
    Sorry to get all Daily Mail, but I was stopped today by 4 or 5 security guards in different places trying to ride through the top of Greenwich park and along the top heath side of it, none spoke English to a level that I could understand them, they didn't even sound like they lived in the UK.

• Options
    Brilliant!