Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cory Gibbs

http://www.chicago-fire.com/news/2012/07/cory-gibbs-talks-life-epl-team-friendship-darren-bent

"England is one of those places [where] you need money to live, so that part of it wasn't the best"

Que?

His way with words is as good as his knees

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    He also said he learnt alot from JFH and M.Bent:

''But I learned a lot, I learned an exponential amount of football knowledge, not just on the field but off the field, from the likes of Darren, Jimmy Hasselbaink, Marcus Bent. There were a lot of players of that quality that were around me year in and year out. I was fortunate enough to have that experience.''

Possibly 2 of the worst forwards ever to wear the shirt. If he thought they were good, the players he would've come up against would've been miles better. I'm kind of happy he never played for us now.
  • Options
    I can only presume the physio room as a window looking out onto the training ground with some of his comments.
  • Options
    Benty taught him about quality football and the other two showed him how to sponge a living without doing anything.
  • Options
    As a player with a premiership club i wouldn't have thought money was an issue.
  • Options
    "While Fire defender Cory Gibbs is ahead of schedule on his return from injury, next weekend's friendly with Aston Villa will unfortunately come too soon for him to play. "

yeah, a few years too soon.
  • Options
    As a player with a premiership club i wouldn't have thought money was an issue.
    Maybe he was on a pay as you play?
  • Options
    his injuries were very poorly timed for us... he was the starting CB going into the 2006 world cup for the USA, then he blew his knee out.

i hv seen him play multiple times this season for the fire and he started stongly, but is now out of favor. i remember he scored against man utd in last summers usa tour vs the chicago fire... good goal too
  • Options
    To be fair JFH had been a top forward, and still had the skill and knowledge, so Gibbs would have learnt a lot from him. Shame he couldn't be bothered to show it on the pitch
  • Options
    "...if you have a week of bad training, you're not going to see the field again..."

Hmmm, or ever?
  • Options

He also said he learnt alot from JFH and M.Bent:

''But I learned a lot, I learned an exponential amount of football knowledge, not just on the field but off the field, from the likes of Darren, Jimmy Hasselbaink, Marcus Bent. There were a lot of players of that quality that were around me year in and year out. I was fortunate enough to have that experience.''

Possibly 2 of the worst forwards ever to wear the shirt. If he thought they were good, the players he would've come up against would've been miles better. I'm kind of happy he never played for us now.

I think that is very unfair on Hasselbaink. He was likely finished and didn't perform well at Charlton, but he had a very good career overall and there is nothing to suggest he wasn't a true professional.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @American_Addick give you that one, but here's a challenge justify him including Marcus Bent :-)
  • Options
    See...told you he existed ! ;-)