Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(2012) Sporting Lisbon V Charlton Ath (FT: 0-1 Jackson) - Match thread / post match views

Comments

• Options
    Cool, will be watching on a work laptop so can't take any chances !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Wow ! When was the last time one of our games was on a live stream ? Are either of the two links with respectable sites that won't download shed loads of malware if I use them to watch the game ?

Last time I saw one was the 4v4 with Wall a few years back
  • Options
    6/1 to win the game with willhill - do they realise its only 45mins?
  • Options

6/1 to win the game with willhill - do they realise its only 45mins?

Could be a fun little flutter if being streamed, we have our two teams out for each game, anyone any ideas who we have out vs Lisbon? If youngsters then maybe not worth the flutter lol
  • Options

Aren't Sporting quite good?

Yes. I think they knocked Man City out of the Europa League last season. They have a few familiar names: Rui Patrício (Portuguese keeper at Euro2012), Khalid Boulahrouz (ex-Chelsea), Gelson Fernandes (ex Man City) and the brilliantly named Ricky van Wolfswinkel.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Under 2.5 goals on Betfair is 2.34 - That's ridiculously good odds for a 45 minute game , they obviously don't realise. Are we totally sure it's not a 90 minute game ?
  • Options
    20/1 on 0-0?
  • Options

Under 2.5 goals on Betfair is 2.34 - That's ridiculously good odds for a 45 minute game , they obviously don't realise. Are we totally sure it's not a 90 minute game ?

OS says it's a "A three-team tournament comprising three 45-minute matches". I've just stuck £45 on under 2.5 goals.

• Options
    under 1.5 must be a good bet too then?
  • Options
    Will the bet be void when they discover that it is only 45 minutes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well all the unders markets will be good value if it is a 45 minute game. Just more of a risk with under 1.5 obviously.
  • Options
    surely not, it's there for all to see
  • Options
    A bookie like bet365 or Paddy Power might void it, but Betfair probably wouldn't.
  • Options
    rules on betfair say '''If the scheduled duration of an event is changed after the market has been loaded but before the start of the event, then all bets will be void.''
    Worth a shot though I'm on unders and 0-0
  • Options
    I guess you could argue that the scheduled duration hasn't changed though, since it's always been billed as a 45 minute game.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a 2-0 CAFC win :)
  • Options
    rs340 said:

rules on betfair say '''If the scheduled duration of an event is changed after the market has been loaded but before the start of the event, then all bets will be void.''
    Worth a shot though I'm on unders and 0-0

If you lose, you can ask for your money back.
  • Options
    Great spot, I'll have a bit of that !
  • Options
    6/4 on PaddyPower for <2.5.

I'm in.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Are we totally sure it's not a 90 minute game ?

I know that the OS says that it's two 45min games, but I'm now doubting it.

- No mention of us on the Real Betis website (that I can find). They also played a 90 minute game last night (using their 1st teamers).
    - Sporting's English language site mentions a game against 'Carlton' on the 19th, with no mention of Betis at all.
    - Ben Roberts in his Lepe blog, "Adios for now, and my next blog will follow after the Sporting game on Thursday." Again, no mention of Betis.

The OS is probably correct, but I ain't putting any money down on this game.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    From Sporting's official site. They're playing in a triangular tournament on the 25th, but no mention of there being one tonight.

It's does confirm that tonights game is on TV, so the live stream should be available.

http://www.sporting.pt/Noticias/Agenda/agenda.asp

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    jackson mentions betis http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2851789,00.html
    maybe they have since pulled out?
  • Options
    Will it not be on player then?
  • Options
    What time does the first game start?
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial Breaking news: it seems that #cafc are no longer playing Real Betis or in a three-team tournament tonight
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial #cafc will instead play one 90-minute match against Sporting Clube de Portugal. This Spanish trip has been very confusing... (MW)
  • Options
    Breaking news: it seems that #cafc are no longer playing Real Betis or in a three-team tournament tonight (MW)
  • Options
    sounds like a right cock up
  • Options
    Seems like the bookies were in the know.
  • Options
    i thought something was not right. Betfair very rarely makes mistakes.