Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton's 2012 pre-season friendly schedule and Summer Newswire

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
JULY

Mon 9th - Charlton sign out of contract striker Jordan Cook and Stevenage right back/midfielder Laurie Wilson

Sat 14th, 3pm - Welling United 0 Charlton 4
- Match thread / Post match views HERE
- Video highlights HERE

Thur 19th, (KO 8.30pm local) - Two 45 min matches v Sporting Lisbon and Real Betis
- Possible link to live stream HERE

Thur 26th, 8pm - Barnet away

Sat 28th, 3pm - Bromley away (a CAFC XI)

Tue 31st, 7.45pm - Bury Town away

AUGUST

Wed 1st, 7.45 - Crawley Town away

Sat 4th, 3pm - Gillingham away

Tues 7th, 7.45pm - Tonbridge Angels away (a CAFC XI)

Sat 11th, 3pm - Fulham away (behind closed doors)

Comments

• Options
    work in progress, will update with more info when time allows
  • Options
    Loving this thread , a timely reminder of when the Preseasons are is a good thing!
    As well as any signings missed.
  • Options
    Anyone else think it is weird how we are playing two 45 minute matches?
  • Options

NO. IMO its much better than a second half that stops every 2 mins for subs.
  • Options

It was to be one 90 min game. Then Betis joined so they are playing 2 x 45 min games.

Presume they only wanted to play 90 mins.
  • Options

Weird it is Broadstairs but it is good to get a bit of versatility in the opposition, seeing how certain players cope with certain opposition players!

• Options
    I think its more to do with the Heat.
    I'm sure Betis and Sporting are used to it, but even during the evening our lads aren't used to that temperature.

Maybe Bover is, but he's sh** anyway.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

I think its more to do with the Heat.
    I'm sure Betis and Sporting are used to it, but even during the evening our lads aren't used to that temperature.

Maybe Bover is, but he's sh** anyway.

many, inc me, will disagree

• Options
    Breaking news: it seems that #cafc are no longer playing Real Betis or in a three-team tournament tonight (MW)
  • Options
    cafc official: (twitter) #cafc will instead play one 90-minute match against Sporting Clube de Portugal. This Spanish trip has been very confusing...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Weird it is Broadstairs but it is good to get a bit of versatility in the opposition, seeing how certain players cope with certain opposition players!

Good point, just never heard of anything like that for a Professional team to do somthing like that, fair play though!

• Options
    We did it against welling
  • Options
    Solly playing in central midfield was more confusing.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It was puzzling, especially as we had Wilson playing right back who I thought was equally adept in a central position.

Doesn't matter, friendlies are for trying out new ideas and perhaps we might see Solly playing there more often in the future.
  • Options
    I guess that CO knows all about Solly at FB but wanted to see what Cousins and Wilson would do against good opposition.
  • Options
    Solly occasionally played CM and LB in the reserves/u18s.
  • Options
    http://www.barnetfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10431~2854446,00.html

Looks like our friendly on the 26th might be the last chance to visit Underhill
  • Options
    Noticed that Jon Fortune and Dean Sinclair featured in their pre-season game v Burnham Ramblers on the 14th
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Shame, but not surprised Fortune is dropping down the leagues. Played a few games at relegated Exeter but they decided to let him go.

Sinclair always was a strange signing. Had no real chance of breaking through with the amount of players in front of him at the time.
  • Options
    thought the youth team were supposed to be playing today, not heard anything about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 1st team are done with games now in Spain. They're having a 60 minute game tonight against each other and then off out
  • Options
    Mike said:

thought the youth team were supposed to be playing today, not heard anything about it

Pretty sure they played Forest this morning - can't find the result anywhere though.

• Options
    They drew 0-0

Lamce Shehaj ‏@LamceS73
    Just finished football drew 0-0 with Nottingham Forest tough game, although we should have won it!!
  • Options
    Had a commitment on the South Coast last night - the people I was travelling with in the car were Argyle mates ...... so on the way home today I was forced at gunpoint to watch Argyle's friendly with Yeovil Town.

Yeovil hammered a limited Argyle 5-0.

Guys - movement, tactics, in fact everything about us is light years ahead of these type of teams.

• Options
    Hmm. Was gonna go to a few Argyle matches next season. Guess it'll be a charity f***
  • Options
    Next fixture
    god.jpg 115.7K