Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Megabus train travel for Nottingham Forest

Comments

• WSS said:

By the way Gary, the barriers at Dartford were taken out today for the refurb so if you fancied Zens tonight you can get there for free. ;-)

happy days mate...one more blue VK for me!
  • But if you buy one you'll probably get 3 free. The number of times I ordered two bottles and ended up carrying around 8 bottles...
  • only problem then is you got no hands free to grind with the ladies
  • J BLOCK said:

and how are they going to do that if ive already got my seperate ticket to Nottingham and im just changing platforms?

They have a list of people who get on the train/coach and match them up. Also, the fact you'd have your original ticket on you kinda gives it away too.

Ill take your word for it Nathan but being fined for finishing a journey EARLY is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard
    It's not true
    It is. If you have an Advance ticket you cannot finish early, and the fact that the whole MegabusPlus is an advance ticket means you can't end early/break your journey. With Off Peak tickets you can.

From NR:

Break of journey

You may not start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station except to change to/from connecting trains as shown on the ticket(s) or other valid travel itinerary.
  • Found out what could generally could happen:

"the passenger can, in theory, be requested to purchase an excess fare of the difference between the fare paid and the lowest priced ticket that would permit the journey being made."
  • se9addick said:

clb74 said:

you can but might be liable for full fare
    cant see really how they could do it

They can't force you to get back on the coach ?
    The 9.15 goes through to Nottingham!
  • is the train leaving at 17.28 cutting it a bit fine?

It is a brisk walk only, as long as you do not take the wrong turning going back to the station you are perfectly okay, trust me
  • Joshuk87 said:

Alternatively book a single to Doncaster if worried then buy your single to Nottingham then. Can't stop you splitting up tix.

Precisely
  • Are you sure this is train? When you click on type of travel only Bus is available.
    Want to book 9.15 out which is now £5.00 each is this deffinately stopping at East Midlands? Dont want to tuck myself up lol.

Definitely stops at East Midlands Parkway but goes through to Nottingham anyway

• London to Doncaster/Harrogate from St Pancras £1 on the 9.15, changing at East Midlands Parkway AND NOT getting on the connecting coach.

You can't do this, can't end your journey early ;-)
    Is that a fact Mr Prior?
    I do believe it is yes
    Sigh
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you sure this is train? When you click on type of travel only Bus is available.
    Want to book 9.15 out which is now £5.00 each is this deffinately stopping at East Midlands? Dont want to tuck myself up lol.

im proper confused now Elfs. do i need to get off at East Midlands and get a seperate train to Nottingham?

im proper confused now Elfs. do i need to get off at East Midlands and get a seperate train to Nottingham?
    Nah your okay mate. You should be able to in advance buy a ticket for East Midlands to Nottingham, should be able to get your ticket at your local station. It is not a problem
  • ahhhh gotcha! cheers mate
  • ahhhh gotcha! cheers mate

Sorry if I confused matters, hope you get on okay
  • I use the mega train between London and Southampton a fair bit and have seen loads of people end their journeys early without problems HOWEVER I have also seen and spoken to quite a few who have been caught doing this as they can't get through barriers, they have been giving the option of getting back on or paying the full price to the trains final destination they just got off plus a fine . Chance you take I suppose .
  • Good point, with Megabus you only have your self printed ticket. When you get off you have to get a ticket inspector to let you through, unless there is no inspector & no barrier.
  • edited July 2012
    but you have a ticket from E Midland Parkway to Nottingham and you stay on the same train. If an inspector gets on you simply tell him you got on the train at E Midland Parkway and your ticket will allow you to get off at Nottingham.
  • A train thread. People disagreeing.

Charlton fans' passions bound to be inflamed on such an emotive subject.

This could get messy. I predict hot lemon tea spilling everywhere.
  • A train thread. People disagreeing.

Charlton fans' passions bound to be inflamed on such an emotive subject.

This could get messy. I predict hot lemon tea spilling everywhere.

The beauty of it all is I thought that I was trying to help people save money!!!
  • well keep your comments to yourself elfs
  • Sponsored links:

• joking
  • clb74 said:

joking

Nah, realise that mate. Perhaps I should keep my comments to myself and let people find out for themselves(you excepted of course!)
  • I have Nathan to do the research for me and then nag me to buy them but your info is useful elf keep it coming
  • Mike said:

I have Nathan to do the research for me and then nag me to buy them but your info is useful elf keep it coming

Your welcome Mike.

I like to do this because we are all in the same boat, the aways are expensive enough as it is even with the cheap fares.

• Yeah keep it up Elf, it's really handy to know
  • clb74 said:

joking

Nah, realise that mate. Perhaps I should keep my comments to myself and let people find out for themselves(you excepted of course!)
    elf you would of cost me money with the blackpool train ticks
  • J BLOCK said:

Yeah keep it up Elf, it's really handy to know

I'll try to keep it up!
  • I'm happy for the info. I would have just bought a return ticket for twice the price otherwise!
  • I'm happy for the info. I would have just bought a return ticket for twice the price otherwise!

I will always start a thread for advance purchase tickets, I will be going to all the weekend away games. Other than that you can always inbox me your mobile if you need other information.
    Perhaps I should run a travel agents!
  • Elfsborg, although I do the same as you, your input is always very useful. Thanks very much.