Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis Jeffers

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Everyone remembers Francis Jeffers, our £2.6 million flop, at least we didn't spend £8 million on him (unlucky Arsene Wenger). He's currently training with Tranmere Rovers. After 18 year old Nick Powell made a potential £6 million move to Man Utd recently I put together this article on some of the best Wonder Kid Flops.

http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/07/5-wonder-kid-flops-how-will-nick-powell-get-on/

Let me know if you have any to add !

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Two from Charlton's distant past are Ben Odeje and John Stenson.
  • Options
    Danny Cadamateri (sp?) was meant to be the next best thing when he was at Everton.
  • Options
    Freddy Adu
  • Options
    I watched him regular st Newcastle jets last year ... And saw him live twice ... He was awful ... Even at A league level ... He didn't cost us anything like 2.6 mill though ... Also saw his finest moment for us his brace against villa ...
  • Options
    Ill say it again, he cost us £500,000 not £2.6m

£500,000 was upfront

rest was appearance based, european qualification and international recognition
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    And to think he cost us 2.6 million!
  • Options
    Arf
  • Options
    2.6 million eh tut tut......
  • Options
    You could probably buy 5 foxes in boxes for that and still have £100,000 left over.
  • Options
    Chris Dickson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cant believe we spent 2.6 million on him. We should of only paid say £500,000 and then had the rest based on appearances etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Nah, classy player like him would never go for that. £500,000? Only an idiot would think you could get Francis Jeffers for that kind of money!
  • Options
    I heard that the stories we only paid 500k are rubbish and in fact it was actually nearer 5m
  • Options
    we spent 2.6 million on him blimey
  • Options
    My mum's friend went to an Anne Summers Party with his missus' sister-in-law's daughter. Apparently we ended up paying £1,275,000 for him.
  • Options
    2.6 Million. What as Curbs thinking?
  • Options
    Still feel ripped off.
  • Options
    doesn't hurt as much as paying £2.3m for Marcus Bent.
  • Options

£500,000 was upfront

This is correct. Richard Murray said so & I have no reason to doubt him, in this instance.
  • Options
    wow I'd forgotten it was £2.6m
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoever said it was 500k needs shooting, its was 2.6m!
  • Options

Whoever said it was 500k needs shooting, its was 2.6m!

LOL....well done mate, you saw the funny side of it.

• Options

£500,000 was upfront

This is correct. Richard Murray said so & I have no reason to doubt him, in this instance.
    Did Richard Murray say what his source for that information was?

• Options
    Who is Richard Murray?
  • Options
    g

£500,000 was upfront

Did Richard Murray say what his source for that information was?

Someone on here I believe. Heard it from a friend of a friend of the bloke who once spoke to Franny's neighbours window cleaner.
    That's gospel. Maybe. ; )
  • Options
    Anyone remember Sonny Pike? Got lots of publicity whilst with Ajax's youth academy in his early teens then disappeared completely.
  • Options
    No it was £500,000 up front and £2million to pay off his bar tab at The Venue.
  • Options
    Sonny never made it never even got close , he fought some personal battles an the last I heard he had overcome them, he lives in Cheshunt now days and leads a normal life.

Just goes to show that doing keepy uppy doesn't make a footballer and is a lesson to every pushy dad that you need to manage your childs gift with extreme caution and love not pound signs and publicity
  • Options
    I can't believe we paid 2.6million for him.

Why did the club not think to stage the payments, based on something like games played, or qualifying for europe.

EVERYONE OUT.
  • Options
    Talking of doind keepy uppy, who was that player who went on "Britains got talent" or similar and we signed a few years back?