Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Euell - New U16s Coach

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Apparently.

Nice to have him involved still, think he has a lot to offer the next generation.

Comments

• Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    hope its true, he will be a great asset to the back room staff and how lucky are the u16's to have him as a mentor
  • Options
    Yeah that's positive news yet again. Knows the club, fans and SCP all very well. Supposed to be very good people person so great to have him involved with kids of that age. Well done board.
  • Options
    Good news, just the kind of bloke we should be having at the club.
  • Options
    Good news, with Paul Hart there our youth set up is looking good, wonder if we'll apply for category one status in the near future.
  • Options
    as long as he aint teaching how to control a football !
    Great attitude and many to todays footballers could still learn that from him
  • Options
    Shows we are skint, we can now only get unattached former players as coaches........

;-)

Great signing in truth - love the guy and his attitude
  • Options
    Great news.

In his heyday at Charlton he had excellent ball control, but every thing went wrong for him when he fell out with Curbs.
  • Options

as long as he aint teaching how to control a football !
    Great attitude and many to todays footballers could still learn that from him

Too true. As my much missed and long departed Uncle John used to say, "he couldn't trap a bag of cement..."

Good luck Jase
  • Options
    great news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great news.

In his heyday at Charlton he had excellent ball control, but every thing went wrong for him when he fell out with Curbs.

Ha Ha nice one....er I take it that was a joke ? His first touch was appalling !
  • Options
    is he still our record transfer holder?
  • Options

Great news.

Ha Ha nice one....er I take it that was a joke ? His first touch was appalling !
    No I wasn't joking and you're very wrong, for at least one season his ball control was excellent, it seemed that the ball was glued to his boot.
  • Options

Great news.

No I wasn't joking and you're very wrong, for at least one season his ball control was excellent, it seemed that the ball was glued to his boot.
    I must have missed that season.Great appointment and will do well with the u16s
  • Options

Darren Bent is if you include the sell on we paid to Ipswich when Spurs signed him.
  • Options
    Jason was renowned for his first touch Lancs, but for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    Does he have any coaching badges or experience?
  • Options

Does he have any coaching badges or experience?

He's obviously good mates with CP otherwise why did we sign him last summer .... jobs for the boys? Time will tell.
  • Options

Great news.

I'm very wrong ? I'd be inclined to say that we all have our opinions other than the fact that you made the stupid comment that he had excellent ball control (for at least one season lol) until he fell out with curbs?
    Bizzare ! What, one season he developed this excellent ball control & the next it disappeared because curbs dropped him ?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Euell's first touch was sometimes good but often wasn't - as nearly everyone on here remembers.

But once he had finally wrestled the ball under control, he proved he was decent when actually running with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Great news.

I'm very wrong ? I'd be inclined to say that we all have our opinions other than the fact that you made the stupid comment that he had excellent ball control (for at least one season lol) until he fell out with curbs?
    Bizzare ! What, one season he developed this excellent ball control & the next it disappeared because curbs dropped him ?
    CharltonBob - just because I remember things differently to you does not make me or my comments stupid and such remarks denigrate CL and make me wonder if I am too old fashioned for this site.
    CL used to be a place where we could exchange differing views with a certain friendliness, not with such remarks as yours, although there are worse.

Good luck to you all, I shall refrain from posting until the new season starts, just in case you or one of your ilk call me stupid or worse.

• Options

No Jeffers still holds that
  • Options
    I loved Euelly, but i have to admit that his second touch was always a tackle.
  • Options
    Good luck Jason - glad to see you're still involved in the club.
  • Options

Great news.

CharltonBob - just because I remember things differently to you does not make me or my comments stupid and such remarks denigrate CL and make me wonder if I am too old fashioned for this site.
    CL used to be a place where we could exchange differing views with a certain friendliness, not with such remarks as yours, although there are worse.

Good luck to you all, I shall refrain from posting until the new season starts, just in case you or one of your ilk call me stupid or worse.

Lancashire Lad, it was wrong for me to post as I did & I apologise .......
  • Options
    Thanks and accepted Bob, guess my memory of Euell must be rose tinted :)
  • Options

I still can't believe that was 2.6 million. Disgraceful.

• Options

I still can't believe that was 2.6 million. Disgraceful.

It was nowhere near that, closer to 500K I reckon!
  • Options
    Excellent news
  • Options

for at least one season his ball control was excellent, it seemed that the ball was glued to his boot.

pity it wasn't a boot he was wearing ;-)

Good news.

By the way I have a signed pair of his boots if anyone wants them for charity - from a match vs Liverpool.