Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rahim Sterling

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Not sure if this as been discussed (if it as i'm sure will be told) Looks like liverpool are going to farm him out possible season long loan....Would anyone want him. Meant to be very good.

Comments

• Options
    I would 100% love him down here, the lad is going to a huge player in the future, would he want to relocate down to london at such a young age for a year?
  • Options
    Dunno but championship experience will do him good, liverpool have sent a player here before
  • Options
    Had him on loan in FM and was ok
  • Options
    Would be a great signing. Would give us the option of pace on the left wing. Unlikely to happen though as there will no shortage of takers. Has he still got family living in london? That might help.
  • Options
    While with us on loan he can live with his uncle Pounds Sterling!
  • Options
    He spent nearly 10 years in London, mainly at QPR, but a couple of years at the Hamsters as well. Been highly thought of for a long time now, would definitely like to see him join up :)
  • Options
    I watched the Liverpool vs. Toronto game last night and he certainly looked very skillful and loves to take the fullback on. He needs to add some muscle to his frame though, as he did get pushed around a bit (when they got near him..).

He'd be an interesting addition, but I think we're well catered for in wide positions and any dough we have should be spent on other areas (CB, CF and maybe a CM).
  • Options
    Any inside info through Jonjo Uncle?
  • Options
    Did both of his gfs have their babies yet? Might not want to move down south
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Had him on loan in FM and was ok

should get him then

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched him play against the Spurs academy side in the NextGen European Tournament at WHL last season and he was by far the best player on display. Very good with both feet, pacey, look very comfortable playing wide left or through the middle. He's one of their very big hopes.
  • Options

Sums up society
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Sums up society
    Or maybe just what he wants to find new talent!

Erm...no thanks.

• Options

I watched the Liverpool vs. Toronto game last night and he certainly looked very skillful and loves to take the fullback on. He needs to add some muscle to his frame though, as he did get pushed around a bit (when they got near him..).

He'd be an interesting addition, but I think we're well catered for in wide positions and any dough we have should be spent on other areas (CB, CF and maybe a CM).

Watched the friendly as well; Toronto's defense was very physical, but Sterling's skill on the ball and intelligent runs gave them little chance to leave a mark. Lovely work on Liverpool's sole tally.

An aside, but outside of a poor giveaway in the 91st, Jonjo was very impressive on the ball and directing the midfield.
  • Options

Watched the friendly as well; Toronto's defense was very physical, but Sterling's skill on the ball and intelligent runs gave them little chance to leave a mark. Lovely work on Liverpool's sole tally.

An aside, but outside of a poor giveaway in the 91st, Jonjo was very impressive on the ball and directing the midfield.
    This first half of the new season is critical for Shelvey, if he can make a good start, secure a place in the team and score a few goals in a winning team then his career will be set.

If he can't nail a regular place in the side under Rogers then he will have a big problem, the owners have made it clear that Rogers is there long-term (mind you, they said the same thing about Hodgson!) so if he doesn't impress Rogers then he has a big barrier in his road.

I would love to see Shelvey make it there, just feel he needs Gerrard to move on first before he can really get the clear air he needs.
  • Options
    I would have used to have said I would take Sterling all day long the kid is a huge talent

However

I would much rather take the risk on Azeez or silva

Sterling is a talent but untested same as the 2 boys above and they are ours

We need to not do the Loan thing on untried and tested kids
  • Options
    May be in the minority but I think Stirling wouldnt be worth it. He's undeniably uber-talented but he is VERY greedy and would frustrate team mates. Not sure he's the right sort of character to fit in with our boys either - might lead them astray as he has a certain reputation.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

May be in the minority but I think Stirling wouldnt be worth it. He's undeniably uber-talented but he is VERY greedy and would frustrate team mates. Not sure he's the right sort of character to fit in with our boys either - might lead them astray as he has a certain reputation.

completely agree, loans are risky anyway. Certain types of players work as loans, don't think Sterling fits into that category

• Options
    There is just no way this guy is championship quality, he is miles to good for this league. Just watching him live now on espn, if we get this kid we will definetly win the league and that's a certain.
  • Options

There is just no way this guy is championship quality, he is miles to good for this league. Just watching him live now on espn, if we get this kid we will definetly win the league and that's a certain.

No it's not, he's one player and a young and wild one at that. Yes he has talent, but he's not Messi ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's what some Cardiff fans thought when they signed Bellamy on loan.

He's a 17 year old winger. Doubt we could even guarantee him a starting place.
  • Options

I needed a laugh before work cheers
  • Options

Slightly over the top. Yes he's a great talent but he's only 17 and has never even started a senior game, as if he'd be able to come straight in and cope with a 46 game championship season