Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sporting Lisbon 2 - Sheff Wed 0

Game just finished

Comments

• Massive result
  • Honestly can we stop this silly sh*t with being obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I couldn't give a flying f*ck about what they are doing, that was last season, move on FFS!

Why don't we post up how Watford played in a PSF, or maybe who Bristol City's main transfer targets are?
  • Latest FR on Bristol City:

21 Jul 2012 01:25:11
    Bristol City have approached Chelsea regarding the loan move of young Chelsea star Nathaniel Chalobah. However Zola's Chelsea ties make Watford a big possibility

20 Jul 2012 13:05:08
    Buzsacky considering offers from Bristol City, Watford and Leeds. Will decide his future over the weekend.

20 Jul 2012 10:20:26
    Bristol City are set to make a loan bid for Craig Dawson of WBA after missing out on Richard Keogh to Derby.
    Akos Buzsaky also set to sign a 2 year deal.
    Goalkeeper McInnes has set his sights on is Jamie MacDonald of Hearts, NOT Craig Gordon. City also to sign Harry Kane from Spurs.
  • need its own thread?
  • Does anyone know how Sheffield weds done against sporting
  • sam3110 said:

Honestly can we stop this silly sh*t with being obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I couldn't give a flying f*ck about what they are doing, that was last season, move on FFS!

Why don't we post up how Watford played in a PSF, or maybe who Bristol City's main transfer targets are?

I agree, its absolutely embarrassing

• edited July 2012
    Too be honest I think that it is a valid post

A team that came up with us have arguably strengthend more than us Played the same team we did within a few days

It would be good to know the team that sporting put out to compare and see if our result was against a weekeand side or a strong side

Some of you need to stop being so defensive
  • they had a thread on their forum about our game. don't like the wednesday talk in charlton threads but its a thread about it if you don't like it don't read it
  • Sponsored links:

• cambi22 said:

sam3110 said:

Honestly can we stop this silly sh*t with being obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I couldn't give a flying f*ck about what they are doing, that was last season, move on FFS!

I agree, its absolutely embarrassing

Yup me too. And can we have a ban on referring to them as 'the Massives'? Cringeworthy (and I understand the story behind it, before anyone says).
  • Christ we've got some precious fans
  • That's just a maaaaasive post
  • sam3110 said:

If Watford or any other Championship rivals lost to Sporting after we had just beat them it would be worth a mention. Get over it.
  • Worth a mention, yea. Worth it's own thread, no.
  • Valley11 said:

Worth a mention, yea. Worth it's own thread, no.

Where would one post it then?
  • Worth it's own thread otherwise people would miss it.
  • It's definitely relevant to see where we are at compared to them who will be a rival this season. We have a team that has gelled over a season and used to winning, whilst they have new signings who need to learn to play with eachother.
  • I just wouldn't open the thread if I felt that strongly
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course its sodding relevant, stop ultra analysing everything !
  • What were the team line ups?
  • Valley11 said:

Worth a mention, yea. Worth it's own thread, no.

Where would one post it then?
    One wouldn't.
  • I just wouldn't open the thread if I felt that strongly

That's a fair point but why are some Charlton fans so obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I don't get it.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

What were the team line ups?

weds starting line up

Bywater

Lee
    Llera
    Reynolds
    Mattock

M Jones
    Semedo
    Lines
    Johnson

Maguire
    Madine
  • edited July 2012
    Cheers Mike, Lisbon's team pretty same as against us?

Anyways wouldn't take much notice of that result, it's all about who finishes higher this season.

We all know who thats going to be.
  • infact that lineup might be wrong just had a quick look on owlstalk think it might be

Carlos Henriques
    Lee
    Reda Johnson
    Gardner
    Semedo
    Lines
    JJ
    Pecnik
    Madine
    Maguire
  • Valley11 said:

I just wouldn't open the thread if I felt that strongly

That's a fair point but why are some Charlton fans so obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I don't get it.
    Valley11. No-one has posted any other Sheffield wednesday PSF results up as nobody are interested in them games.

This has been posted up purely because they played the same club we played just a few days ago. It's as simple as that.
  • edited July 2012
    Totally deserves it's own thread if only so that we can laugh at the massives. the precious fans should just not read it.
  • Shefield Wednesday were rivals last season but are not traditional rivals and it doesn't matter how they do except.... It is interesting to compare other teams results against Sporting though- seeing as we limited them to zero chances -that overhead kick was the nearest they came and it wouldn't gave troubled Thora Hird in goal and we were cheated by the ref, in terms of the two offside goals and the penalty decision. I think there is a clear indicator that we are in better shape than them and I think they'll do ok this year. I have said all along that our defence will be key - I think it is going to be the best in the league and that hasn't got anything to do with the Sporting game - we are going to have a good season.