Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hastings..Pirates Day.

Was anyone amongst the 14,231 recordbreakers?...It was a great day to be in Hasting, the weather was superb, thousands of smilling faces of all ages, fantastic pirate outfits worn by thousands of smilling pirates, and a fly-over by the Red Arrows followed by live music in The Jenny Lind pub.

Comments

• Options
    I was there but not for the Pirates day just a day down the coast as the weather was so nice, then to my suprise to see thosands upon thosands of people dressed as pirates lol. Was a great day though the red arrows were pretty good.
  • Options
    My comments are exactly the same as we are J block, total surprise when we arrived about 10am to see thousands of pirates, well done to all those who took part, shame we didn't.
  • Options
    was ooooarrgghhh there?
  • Options
    It wasn't a patch on last year
  • Options

Not to sure why you would say that, was at last years as well and there wasn't half the amount of pirates as this time...that said George Street was a 'tad' crowded and we were pretty glad to get out of there and into the Cinque Ports.
  • Options

My comments are exactly the same as we are J block, total surprise when we arrived about 10am to see thousands of pirates, well done to all those who took part, shame we didn't.

Always next year Kerry.
  • Options
    Ha.
  • Options

hook

line and sinker
  • Options

hook

line and sinker
    Oh yer bit slow today after all the weekend excesses.
  • Options
    Arrr missed it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    plank!
  • Options
    Hastingsaddick, if this is on next year, can you flag it up on here a few weeks in advance ?

I think I might partake, sounds like a right laugh.
  • Options
    I was there with my family, even my 9 month old was subjected to it! Great day, great atmosphere, and the Red Arrows were amazing! Rrrr!
  • Options
    We have loads of stuff going on all year, Greenman festival, Pirates Day, Carnival Week, old town week and a brilliant fireworks night with various bonfire societies marching through the Old Town. Not to clever when it comes to putting links on and stuff like that but there is a website called 1066 country which gives plenty on info on the area...the beach ain't to bad either and in this weather will be pretty busy..I'll be there latter today.
  • Options

Hastingsaddick, if this is on next year, can you flag it up on here a few weeks in advance ?

I think I might partake, sounds like a right laugh.

OK 'matey'....it will probably be in the 1st week of August next year but will put something on here when I find out.
  • Options
    Bonfire night is big in East Sussex. Most villages have their own society. Bonfires are co-ordinated to be on different nights so that people can attend a few. I live in Ninfield and we have our own Bonfire Society, Marching Band, regular carnivals etc. Only been here a few months so not got immersed into it all yet but it will come. Ninfield Gig this weekend, local bands playing, food on sale etc, local festival held in a farmers field. £10 for all day event.
  • Options

Bonfire night is big in East Sussex. Most villages have their own society. Bonfires are co-ordinated to be on different nights so that people can attend a few. I live in Ninfield and we have our own Bonfire Society, Marching Band, regular carnivals etc. Only been here a few months so not got immersed into it all yet but it will come. Ninfield Gig this weekend, local bands playing, food on sale etc, local festival held in a farmers field. £10 for all day event.

Thats right re, Bonfire Nights...Hastings is around the 14-15th Oct...it's to do with the date of the Battle of Hastings.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's that time of year again...Pirates Day 2013 is tomorrow....sorry for not posting this earlier Covered End.
  • Options
    Thats right re, Bonfire Nights...Hastings is around the 14-15th Oct...it's to do with the date of the Battle of Hastings.
    Hastings bonfire is tonight procession starts 7pm, fireworks 9pm.