Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Daley Documentary

Really hope he gets a gold in his dad's memory.

Comments

• Absolutely. Very sad.
  • Seems like a nice kid. Hope he does it - but those Chinese fellas are like machines!
  • deffo one to watch... i hope he does it for his old man, would be blinding.
  • Its been very good. Terribly sad and had me reaching for the tissues to wipe my tears away.
    I hope he wins the Gold for his old man.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Vicky Pendleton documentary last week as well, more than worth a watch too.
  • It was a real tear jerker, wanted to give him the gold medal, BBC Sportspersonality of the year and Charlton Player of the season all now. I found it unnerving something so personal having the TV cameras there and I am glad the cutting room did justice to it
    TD comes over as a really down to earth kid despite the media circus around him and to think he had to change school in his early teens because he was being bullied because of his diving.

• Great lad Tom I predict that if he does get gold there won't be a dry eye in the house. Really moving and hard for such a young lad to lose his dad so early
  • Came over as a really good role model for all young people, clever, and very gifted. The tragic death of his father must have had a profound effect on him , I for one will be cheering him on, as I will be all the GB athletes, but deserves all the support that we can give him. The Chinese seem to be in a class of there own, but our lads hopefully will do there best and try and get a medal, heres hoping anyway. His father must be very proud of him.
  • My god those Chinese are going to be difficult to beat....everyone is hoping for a minor miracle and quite frankly he's going to need it (but you never know)....good luck young fella.
    He's a terrific kid.....and I for one will be proud of him whatever happens. I readily admit I had a few tears in my eyes watching the documetry and even more if all goes well in a few weeks time.
    Yes he was bullied at school but now attends a special school for gifted kids I believe, has made some great friends and loves it there.
    Go for it young Tom!
  • Now if there was a gold medal for being camp.....
  • edited July 2012

Now if there was a gold medal for being camp.....

Erm...Beds that was exactly the kind of comment (camp, poof, speedo boy) which hurt him so badly at his last school and caused him no end of heartache.
    But thanks for reminding us all.

• Sponsored links:

• Now if there was a gold medal for being camp.....

Erm...Beds that was exactly the kind of comment (camp, poof, speedo boy) which hurt him so badly at his last school and caused him no end of heartache.

Blimey. It must be the weather . How precious are people being on here at the moment.

I'm
    Pretty sure he's not a reader of Charlton Life.
  • edited July 2012

Blimey. It must be the weather . How precious are people being on here at the moment.

I'm

• edited July 2012

I'm
    Just curious why a grown adult would mention it about a young kid knowing that he's been very badly hurt by these kind of comments in the very recent past....whether he reads CL or not, what's that got to do with it Beds?

• edited July 2012
    That young kid your talking about would be the Young Adult ( 18 years old) Tom Daley right?

jeeez
  • edited July 2012

That young kid your talking about would be the Young Adult ( 18 years old) Tom Daley right?

Have it your way......we obviously have a different view on this Beds.
    I think the lad is sick to death of those kind of 'low blow' comments and who wouldn't be.
    Oh yes......at my age anyone under 25 is a kid!

• I never saw the documentary, but I hope the lad does well for himself, his family and his Country!
  • It's a shame that there aren't more like Tom Daley - he is a great credit to his family.
  • Just watched the documentary on iplayer and I can't believe the strength of that young man. He is a real credit to his parents. Cried for the agony of losing his dad but he is so focused that I hope he can do it for Rob.
  • Fair play to you young Thomas and I hope that you get the positive reaction your actions deserve after everything that's happened before.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-25183041

Shame that he felt the need to go public on it, as it's no ones business but his own, but maybe it'll head off some of the nastiness that the lad has had to endure in the past.
  • I doubt it's come as a huge shock to anyone really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a surprise but what does it matter anyway. Hope not gone public because a tabloid was going to out him.
  • He's a great lad. Shame celebs have to come out in public I suppose, though they have to come out in private as well beforehand to their family etc.

Gay friends of mine tell me try like it when celebs come out in public... They don't want the details, but it makes them feel happier knowing that people are happy with who they are, and aren't hiding it
  • MrOneLung said:

Not a surprise but what does it matter anyway. Hope not gone public because a tabloid was going to out him.

unfortunately it was probably because of this, good luck to the lad

• about as surprising as when H from steps came out.
  • When I opened number 2 on my advent calendar this morning i didnt expect Tom Daley to come out!
  • edited December 2013
    Seriously, how hard can it be to embed a clip of Austin Powers saying, 'I can't believe Liberace was gay'?
    Too hard for me, it turns out.
  • Jumping off a ten metre board, he's got bigger bollocks than me or you

This. This. And this.