Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Reid, The Valley.............and Banjos.

edited July 2012 in General Charlton

Came across this. Anybody interested in Andy reid learning to play the Banjo, watch the whole thing. Anyone only interested in nice views of the Valley go to 1:40.

youtube.com/watch?v=KXmDXp5O62o

Comments

• Options
    How come they're all specking Swedish?
  • Options
    Always thought of the banjo as a fun but limited instrument. Then I went to see Bela Fleck at the Queen Elizabeth Hall last week (with Malian singer Oumou Sangare) - and his performance was a revelation. Fleck's virtuosity on the instrument was up there with Segovia on a Spanish guitar or Ravi Shankar on sitar. Quite extraordinary.

Here is playing a Bach partita on the instrument, which will surely make you see the banjo in a new light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYgllgF7lc&feature=fvwrel

• Options
    Genuinely surprised he didn't try to eat it
  • Options
    I love the banjo. Especially watching Mrs Fattmatt strumming her banjo.
  • Options
    Why did I immediately think of Banjo chocolate bars when I saw the title of the thread?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I have two stereo typical images of the banjo, one is Duelling Banjos from Deliverance the other is Jim Royle. Thanks very much for blowing that away IA :-)
  • Options
    Really enjoyed watching the Andy Reid video ......and not just the shots of him at The Valley.

No doubt it helps a little that Reidy already plays the guitar, but learning a new instrument sometimes seems impossible!
  • Options

Always thought of the banjo as a fun but limited instrument. Then I went to see Bela Fleck at the Queen Elizabeth Hall last week (with Malian singer Oumou Sangare) - and his performance was a revelation. Fleck's virtuosity on the instrument was up there with Segovia on a Spanish guitar or Ravi Shankar on sitar. Quite extraordinary.

Here is playing a Bach partita on the instrument, which will surely make you see the banjo in a new light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYgllgF7lc&feature=fvwrel

Good man Bela, big friend of Rory Gallagher, ( one of my heroes) here is a concert with the two of them and one of the last of Rory's shortly before he died, Rory was pretty ill at the time but would not cancel the gig, to let his fan's down or his friends. The streroids Rory was taking affected both his weight and his voice terribly,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6RRASIU7A
  • Options
    I broke my "banjo string" once during a drunken attempt at having sex while balanced on a window sill
  • Options
    I've not heard it called that before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant video, I always loved Andy Reid even though he was only with us for a short while.

Probably the best "footballer" we have had apart from Di Canio.
  • Options
    Thought he was a fantastic player for us. Best player in our side at the time that we had him and was gutted we didn't have him around for longer.
  • Options
    couldnt turn down 5m for a player that couldnt stay fit though.