Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Opener - Chances for new recruits ?

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Last season's opener v Bournemouth saw 7 of the starting 11 new from the previous seasons close.

What chance do you think there will be any form of new recruit in the starting 11 come Birmingham ?

Can't ever remember us starting a new season with no new recruit in the starting 11 before, but must be a great chance this year.

Comments

• Options
    If we go 4-3-3 I can see Cook starting on the left. I imagine away from home against Brum though we might play it a bit safer with 4-4-2 which will likely mean no new faces starting unless we bring a corker in soon
  • Options
    really hope it isn't the same 11, that would see us lose convincingly for me. Want to be seeing atleast 3 new faces come Brum, incl Cooky.
  • Options
    I think we need last terms boys to step up to the plate and make it happen. Not expecting any new recruits of any substance coming in so we go with what we've got.
  • Options
    not sure if Danny Hollands will be fit enough by then - certainly not up to starting a game, I can see Bover or Pritchard starting instead, but odds on no newbie starting.
  • Options
    Our midfield isn't looking strong enough to me just yet
  • Options
    Mike said:

really hope it isn't the same 11, that would see us lose convincingly for me. Want to be seeing atleast 3 new faces come Brum, incl Cooky.

I'd be ok with last years starting 11, I think last years squad would comfortably stay up in this league.

• Options
    It's always good to get one or two new players in (unless you're the squad member that's displaced) to boost morale and give a sense that the club is on the up. That said, I'm confident in the abilities of the squad that went up. And, lets face it, there's not one player from the eleven in last season's closing match that doesn't fully deserve a crack at Championship football.
  • Options
    Dale stephens will be as good as a new player in this league.
    Saw glimpses last season, but he got his head down and worked hard to help us get out of lg.1 without much acclaim.

Next season, with a little more time on the ball he will prevail.

Charlton's own stevie Gerrard! You heard it here first.
  • Options
    I agree, think Stephens will be a better player in the Championship.
  • Options
    Now where's my rose tinted specs...