Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bid Rejected for Clarke

Comments

• Options
    Well need him once we sell BWP and Kerm.
  • Options
    Surplus get rid quick
  • Options
    I can only assume that they're trying to get him for nothing and we're holding out for fee
  • Options
    He could be an integral part of our season , League 2 is surely beneath him.....
  • Options
    or we are just waiting for another £1 million from arsenal.....
  • Options
    he will go but we obviously have a price on his head, a price we feel is achievable. Il be gone before start of the season.
  • Options
    What did we pay for him?
  • Options
    I suspect it's just that we don't want to be paying any part of his wages while he plays for another club.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

What did we pay for him?

Benson

Also Doctor Kish said that we rejected an 80k offer from Oldham for Clarke which I would've thought we would've accepted. Then again as others have said maybe the bidders want us to pay him a percentage of his wages.

Link: http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201207&date=20120725&time=2030

• Options
    I think they must of offered us a goat for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thats harsh ........ on the goat

• Options
    We are playing the Andy Carroll game and waiting for Liverpool to come in with a £35m bid.
  • Options
    Maybe his apparent inept performances are part of another Powell master plan. Chrissy 'pretend to be woeful for six months and then we'll unleash you on the championship to take the division by storm.' Only posible answer! Maybe.
  • Options

We missed out on the goat as pardews replacement , let's hope this doesn't end in the same result

• Options
    There must be a clause in his contract that states we would have to pay him ex amount should we sell him on at ex price. My take is that he is player in which has proven in lower leagues and we are holding out for an offer in which pays him off rather than making a loss.
  • Options
    I think we want his wages of the books and that the bids we are getting are based on us paying a % of the wages.
  • Options
    I think Powell maybe sees him as our plan C this season. It'll take a massive offer to get him.
  • Options
    Squabbling over the Taxi fare
  • Options
    C all right
  • Options
    Couldn't we swap him for the pot holes in the west stand car park being repaired?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leave off Mendonca, it would take at least 5k to repair all those pot holes
  • Options
    latest from the made up crap posted on football-rumours is that we're using Clarke in a part-exchange deal with millwall for Danny n'guessan.

probably not true... but it would explain why are we turning down bids for him.
  • Options
    No it wouldn't explain that unless it was true!
  • Options
    From rumours rumours thread:

DeeBee Member

11:52AM
    No one actually bidded for Clarke why I rarely believe sky sports

So it was all lies!!!!
  • Options
    Contrary to reports - we can confirm that we have not approached Charlton Athletic about their striker Leon Clarke. #CTFC