Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cameron effortlessly puts Romney back in his place

I am not from the same side of the political fence as David Cameron, although I think he is an acceptable, moderate PM, but I have to give him full respect for putting that unctuous, smug, lying prick Mitt Romney back in his place today.

Does anyone do wonderfully subtle insults better than the English public school crowd?

"It's easy if you organise the Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere," said Cameron, in a brutal put down to Romney who organised the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and had earlier expressed concerns about the quality of preparations for the London games.

Stick that in your magic underwear Mitt!

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/07/26/u-k-leaders-defend-games-after-romney-comments/?mod=WSJBlog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Comments

• Amazing. Callmedave will be licking his balls if he is elected. Not that he will to be fair.
  • Agree with you in every respect Ormiston. If we are as big a world player as we like to think we are, our politicians need to show a lot less deference to the US, and for that matter to the Russians. Cameron and Hague have both impressed me in that respect.

But how breathtaking is that Romney can be such a plank?
  • Agree with you in every respect Ormiston. If we are as big a world player as we like to think we are, our politicians need to show a lot less deference to the US, and for that matter to the Russians. Cameron and Hague have both impressed me in that respect.

But how breathtaking is that Romney can be such a plank?

Here is the best place to read about the execrable Romney.....

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/

Andrew Sullivan is a Brit-turned-Yank, a Thatcherite who is now royally pissed off at the nightmare which has become of the Republican party in the US.

He hates Romney with a passion......

I have to say that in all my years of following politics I have never come across such an obvious fraud, he's about as genuine as Jordan's tits.
  • edited July 2012
    I love that word "relationship". Covers all manner of sins, doesn't it?

I fear that this has become a bad relationship. A relationship based on the President taking what he wants and casually ignoring all those things that really matter to, erm...
    Britain.

We may be a small country but we're a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham's right foot.

David Beckham's left foot, come to that.

And a friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward, I will be prepared to be much stronger.

And the President should be prepared for that.

• I dislike Cameron but that was a quality put down.
  • Addickted said:

I love that word "relationship". Covers all manner of sins, doesn't it?

I fear that this has become a bad relationship. A relationship based on the President taking what he wants and casually ignoring all those things that really matter to, erm...
    Britain.

We may be a small country but we're a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham's right foot.

David Beckham's left foot, come to that.

And a friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward, I will be prepared to be much stronger.

And the President should be prepared for that.

Are you quoting a crap birds film?
  • One that you've obviously seen :-)
  • erm.....cough...shit
  • both pricks anyway...
  • erm.....cough...shit

I actually quite like it in a guilty pleasure way, mostly for the memories. First ever movie-as-date, that shows my age doesn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• BUT you do get to see Staceys lalas.
  • I'm not a call me Dave supporter, in fact far from it.....but I take my hat off to him for putting that twat Romney in his place...bloody Americans always think they know best...do everything best and are the best......well guess what, they don't, they don't and their not!!
  • Gotta love republican candidates.
  • Does anyone watch the Daily Show ? Essentially half an hour pointing out the ridiculous things republicans have said that day. Very funny, but scary at the same time.
  • Did Boris Johnson in front of 60,000 people actually say "the man from Del Monte, Mitt Romney"??

I do hope he did. I heard him say that he doesn't think we're ready before asking the crowd "are we ready?"
  • I work for a US company and hence know many Americans and by and large they don't like Obama but they must look at Romney and hold their head in their hands. If this is the alternative they may as well stick with Obama.....not much of a choice sound Familiar?
  • The irony of this is that Romney came over on the basis that he would argue that Obama's foreign policy was pullling the US away from its traditional allies like the UK, Poland and Israel.

And he manages to piss us all off!

Anyway, probably the only thing that could unite the coutry around the Olympics is an outsider coming in and telling us we aren't doing it well!
  • I work for a US company and hence know many Americans and by and large they don't like Obama but they must look at Romney and hold their head in their hands. If this is the alternative they may as well stick with Obama.....not much of a choice sound Familiar?

Why have so many Americans changed their tune with regards to Obama then? He's come in at seemingly a very difficult time yet seems to be steering them to recovery. The health care changes have caused huge problems, but didn't see anything fundamentally wrong with them (admittedly don't know the detail!)

A lot of hostility I've found from Americans has been more to do with him being a different culture; the whites don't seem as comfortable with him (although these are Texans that I was talking to, so a bit different!)

• Well Sparrows it's not anything to do with colour culture that I can detect afterall my company is based in Tennessee and that is predominately white it's more to do with the fact that they see him as ineffective and indecisive. I heard from one colleague that when there is an issue Obama makes a great speech and then moves on without actually doing anything. The common comment is that they felt he represented hope and has been a huge disappointment
  • America - the land of the free, where anyone can be president. Quite coincidently, every president they've ever had has been a millionaire, so average Americans who identified with him and thought he'd make a difference have discovered that he's just like all the other people who've held that office.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Cameron was soft on Romney considering it was eve of the Olympics.
  • Well that's true and not if you get my drift Saga and I have to say I sometimes wonder about our cousins over the water. For instance nearly everyone I talk to absolutely loved Ronald Reagan and yet we thought he was a tool. The reason they loved him was to quote "he didn't interfere with our lives, let us get on with life and concentrated on the big issues" like bringing down the USSR. There you go in reality they don't really want government just a figurehead and that is why Obama is unpopular he fiddles at the edges that affect their day to day lives.
  • This is David Cameron the king of the u-turn.
  • Saga Lout said:

America - the land of the free, where anyone can be president. Quite coincidently, every president they've ever had has been a millionaire, so average Americans who identified with him and thought he'd make a difference have discovered that he's just like all the other people who've held that office.

Because all our PMs have come from working class backgrounds
  • colthe3rd said:

Saga Lout said:

America - the land of the free, where anyone can be president. Quite coincidently, every president they've ever had has been a millionaire, so average Americans who identified with him and thought he'd make a difference have discovered that he's just like all the other people who've held that office.

Because all our PMs have come from working class backgrounds
    My post was commenting on the US president, nothing to do with the UK prime minister, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about what I posted specifically. By the way, the US head of state is the president, ours is the queen.

Regarding the UK, unfortunately, the current PM comes from a very privileged background and, as far as I can tell, has no idea of the life of the average UK resident.
  • ....as have the last two PM's, lets not forget Saga, from their most expensive Scottish Public Schools.
  • Saga, going by your opening sentence "America - the land of the free, where anyone can be president." That to me seemed like a dig at their country, now I'm all for having a dig at their faults but when digging at something where we are just as bad as them seems a bit short sighted.

Oh and thanks for the politics lesson, much appreciated.
  • ....as have the last two PM's, lets not forget Saga, from their most expensive Scottish Public Schools.

Gordon Brown went to a comprehensive (Kilkady High School).

• edited July 2012
    Jints said:

....as have the last two PM's, lets not forget Saga, from their most expensive Scottish Public Schools.

Gordon Brown went to a comprehensive (Kilkady High School).

Yes, my mistake, a comprehensive founded in 1582. Just Blair, then.
  • Well Sparrows it's not anything to do with colour culture that I can detect afterall my company is based in Tennessee and that is predominately white it's more to do with the fact that they see him as ineffective and indecisive. I heard from one colleague that when there is an issue Obama makes a great speech and then moves on without actually doing anything. The common comment is that they felt he represented hope and has been a huge disappointment

To be fair TN has turned increasingly red in the last decade, not many Dems outside Memphis these days.

TN is not even on the Obama play book, he will kill Romney in the Midwest and pick up Florida on the back of the Hispanics too.

I know people in US politics and they tell me that Obama's back room team do not feck about and are already slicing and dicing Romney the same way they did the "inevitable" Hillary Clinton in the primaries.

By contrast Romney is surrounded by little leaguers, no way in the world Obama's people would have let today's fiasco unfold.