Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

As a mental nutter

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
which others have so warmly referred to me as in recent days I'm probably being unreasonable in thinking that the robot working for a coach company my daughter booked seats with is a congenital moron!

This imbecile told my daughter, who was holding my 2 month old grandson in his car seat, that you cannot sit together despite tickets being pre-booked.

Am I wrong to be a tinsy winsy bit annoyed with the robot or is the robot in line with Charlton Life thinking and I'm the one in the wrong?

Comments

• There was no coach was there Len. Matron will be round with your meds soon! ;o)
  • Greenie said:

There was no coach was there Len. Matron will be round with your meds soon! ;o)

I nearly spat my coffee on my screen then!
  • "NURSE NURSE......the screens"!
  • Lol in fact very lol
  • Is the answer "wibble?"
  • I thought the nutters were the ones on the buses?
  • I thought the nutters were the ones on the buses?

On a technicality, Beds Addick not me talked about nutters on the buses although I did comment on the same thread.

It must be me but I cannot believe anyone with an iota of intelligence would seriously try to separate a 2 month old baby from his mother on a journey but it happened.

Nobody else seems particularly surprised by it so yet more evidence that I am an anachronism in my own country in the 21st century.

• On the surface you sound sane, but as ever we don't have the full facts so you could be as nutty as a bag of walnuts.
  • hehe, I know Len.
    when the bloke said 'you cannot sit together' was it some kind of rule to make people integrate or was it just because there were only 2 seats left that weren't together available?

I'm not surprised that it is 'first come first served' to be seated (like some airlines) but the way you describe it doesn't come across like that?

Other people on the coach not offer to swap?
  • Sponsored links:

• As a Charlton fan you probably saw too many terrible "coaches" in the 2006-2011 period and ended up with a complex about the word itself, leading to your current persecution mania. Take an aspirin and call back in the morning.
  • Len, I suspect we are of an age and I must tell you that you are not the only anachronism still allowed to wander the streets alone. The modern world becomes more confusing to me by the day and I often think that I will wake up soon and things will be back to normal.

On the plus side I still manage to walk into lamposts whilst staring at the pretties in various stages of undress during this weather. Just as well the lamps are in the way really 'cause my hip wouldn't let me chase them and I've forgotten what to do if I caught one.
  • caught one

Yes I remember that.
  • edited July 2012
    Just sums up everything wrong with this world today...

some nurse forgets to lock the cell door, which results in escaped nutters shouting about robots on coaches.

seriously though it seems like every other day you'll run into some bureaucratic shitfuckery. come back common sense, all is forgiven!

• Need more details to be able to make a proper judgment.

I assume, like most coaches, seats are first come first served, so I assume your daughter was - one of - the last to arrive. If this is the case it's not really the 'robots' fault, is it, how can (s)he be expected to make someone else sit away friend the person the are with, who arrived in time to get a pair of seats.

The blame lies with someone not offering to move, to allow your daughter and her child to sit together.
  • The trouble is that we do pander to todays children. I mean he's 2 months old fer gawds sake, how much longer is your daughter going to bend over backwards and expect everyone else to accomodate this little Napoleon. It's about time he stood on his own two feet and started showing a bit of independance IMO.

Wibble, wibble...

• Need more details to be able to make a proper judgment.

I assume, like most coaches, seats are first come first served, so I assume your daughter was - one of - the last to arrive. If this is the case it's not really the 'robots' fault, is it, how can (s)he be expected to make someone else sit away friend the person the are with, who arrived in time to get a pair of seats.

The blame lies with someone not offering to move, to allow your daughter and her child to sit together.

All I know for certain is that she pre-booked two seats.

She may have assumed, not unreasonably in my jaundiced opinion, that those seats would be together but I don't know that.

She is no shrinking violet and by going to the top duly got her seats together.

My point is that what imbecile would put her in that position to start with?

It's stressful enough travelling with a small child without having to see managers because bureaucrats cannot or will not do their job properly.
  • If she pre booked then the man is a fool, not you Len.
  • LenGlover said:

Need more details to be able to make a proper judgment.

All I know for certain is that she pre-booked two seats.

She may have assumed, not unreasonably in my jaundiced opinion, that those seats would be together but I don't know that.

She is no shrinking violet and by going to the top duly got her seats together.

My point is that what imbecile would put her in that position to start with?

It's stressful enough travelling with a small child without having to see managers because bureaucrats cannot or will not do their job properly.
    Len,

Step back from this a second and take a deep breath and pretend you're not so emotionally attached by it being your daughter/grandson. I understand your point, but you dont realise the way you come across.

As others have said, there are multiple occurances in life where you book 2 seats at the same time and then they are allocated on a first come first served basis (perhaps you dont travel with budget airlines as well as public transport) but even if you book 2 flight seats together, it doesn't give you a divine right to 2 seats together.

With flights they tend to allow families with kids to board first, to avoid this occuring I should imagine, however, a coach probably doesn't have such rules, therefore, if there were only 2 seats left seperately, I personally dont see it as the role of the coach company to reorganise the coach so that your daughter can sit with her child, especially as we dont know if she was last to board, dare I say it, late? or if they had allocated her 2 seats seperately - that would be more worth getting in a twist about.

I'd have asked those sitting on the coach if they would mind moving to accomodate a double seat or if they would care for my child for the duration of the coach trip - i'm sure someone would oblige rather than run the risk of a small child bleating in their ear for a journey.

I don't see where along the line there are imbeciles? just an unfortunate situation that took a bit of sorting out.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Suzi
    It's all very well for you coming on here with the voice of reason but it's Friday afternoon, some of us, I'm sure, will have had a small drink by now. Leave us all alone to play! :-)
  • I dont want to be responsible for @Lenglover bursting a blood vessell! you lot can carry on :-)
  • Is the answer "wibble?"

Liked that!
  • Coach facists !
  • Mental plus Nutter sort of negates each other so are we talking about a sane person?!...