Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marriage Proposals

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
So what is the best way?

1) Big, showy, embarassing?
2) Corny but flashy?
3) Quiet and romantic?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Im as single as u can be, but id go for 3. You pretty much explained why not to go for 1 or 2 :)
  • Options
    it should be obvious
  • Options
    "So.. what do you say.. You wanna get married or something?" - Trailer Park Boys
  • Options
    I think you (and everyone else) have answered that one for yourself!
    There again, if you are über confident, make a big show of it (any doubts keep it discreet!).
  • Options
    I'm a bloke Suzi - I orignally planned 1), but my mankini is in the wash.
  • Options
    Well many years ago mine was 3). Now and on reflection I wish it had of been 4) NOT AT ALL
  • Options
    3, then if they say no, no one will be any the wiser.

Good luck though!
  • Options
    Do it on top of something, a mountain, the Eiffel Tower, Hotel penthouse suite balcony, top deck of the 119, on top of her....
  • Options
    Option 3 all the way unless the future Mrs Addickted loves pomposity more than you. I asked my missus in front of no one, on holiday, by the side of the bottomless lake in Aghios Nikolaos, Crete.

Bloody ouzo ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Text her! Job done....
  • Options
    I'd probably say if you dont know the answer to which of those she would prefer then maybe you shouldnt ask?
  • Options
    If you're scared of saying the right thing now, just wait until after your married!
  • Options
    Depends on what she is like as a person. Do you think she would like you to propose publicly, or would she be embarrassed?
    I'd be embarrassed!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Do it on top of something, a mountain, the Eiffel Tower, Hotel penthouse suite balcony, top deck of the 119, on top of her....

Up the Oxo Tower....

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Never, ever in public. It should always be a private matter. Anything else is putting unfair pressure on. Whatever your style of delivery, it should be heartfelt.
  • Options
    Go with your gut feeling addicted;however, do not pick smack your bitch up by the Prodigy as your first song.Not the way forward!
  • Options
    So this is why you wouldn't buy me that shiny new bicycle for my Birthday!

youtube.com/watch?v=d6MNcCUgzzw&feature=fvwrel

Watch and take note.
  • Options
    Keep it simple take her to a nice restaurant go for a walk afterwards then pop the question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blind drunk.

Worked for me
  • Options
    25th birthday in the Sistene Chapel

She said yes

:-)
  • Options
    Awwww....Nick I've gone all soppy....you could set up a similar stunt at The Valley....first home game would be best!
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    The big question you have got to answer is would she like you to propose with a ring or would she want to choose the ring herself. Get that wrong mate and you might as well forget it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Make sure you delete the browser history!!!
  • Options
    play football Sunday morning, win (and score), go to pub & get pissed and then return home on a high and pop the question.

*not speaking from experience*
  • Options
    Pissed in the New Cross Inn.
  • Options
    "I've decided I'm getting on a bit, and I'm worried about being alone... you'll do, I guess..."
  • Options
    Never, ever on the pitch at a football match. If anyone did that to me I'd be sorely tempted to say "Only if we win".