Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Countdown / Opening Ceremony thread

Oh well,I am ready for another blasting of "Let it Be" from Sir Paul.Mind you if he was to pump his millions into our club;I would cheerfully watch the team run out to the Frog Chorus every time.Sorry Yann no offence meant!

Comments

• Spent the day with a theatre director yesterday who has been working on the opening show.

He says it will be better to watch on TV than actually in the stadium (well, except for the atmosphere unless you have a 100,000 seater front room!) because of Danny Boyle's film background and his cinematic placement of cameras right in amongst the action.

Looking forward to it.
  • At hyde park now waiting for the london live concert to start. Apart from the wife insisting we arrive 3 hours before the music starts and the fact for once they are ignoring the curfew and playing on til half midnight (buggering up our travel back home) I'm having a great time. Swear word. Swear word.
  • Good luck lads.Have a great evening.
  • johnny73 said:

At hyde park now waiting for the london live concert to start. Apart from the wife insisting we arrive 3 hours before the music starts and the fact for once they are ignoring the curfew and playing on til half midnight (buggering up our travel back home) I'm having a great time. Swear word. Swear word.

Dyslexia getting the better of me. I thought your last two sentences were, "wear Sword. wear Sword". I thought it was a bit of subliminal advertising from the club shop.
  • What time does the ceremony start ?

#onemorepint
  • Is it me but was lineker in tears just then?
  • really looking forward to it.
    a friends daughter is with the flag bearer for team 5 - american samoa. as long as the cameras focus on all teams it shouldn't be too difficult to spot her as american samoa only has 5 athletes at the games.
  • edited July 2012

What time does the ceremony start ?

#onemorepint

actual ceremony starts at 9 pm.......hope its great and we show the world what we can do...and how well we can do it.................come on UK!!! come on London!!! I'm so proud.....lets get it on!!!

• Sponsored links:

• really looking forward to it.
    a friends daughter is with the flag bearer for team 5 - american samoa. as long as the cameras focus on all teams it shouldn't be too difficult to spot her as american samoa only has 5 athletes at the games.

Boy in my office said his friends girlfriend has been nominated or something like that to look after te Samoan team. Could be the same girl.
  • The world is going to come together to witness this wonderful spectacle. Can't wait.
  • bollox to it all
  • Blackheath is buzzing.Big screen lots of peeps there .showed 3 yanks where nearest boozer to the station was
  • Said on the other thread I was there for the rehearsal on Monday, really looking forward to the whole thing now, it really impressed me.

Cycling back from work I went past Victoria park and Stratford, I hate using the phrase but there really is a buzz about the place. Regardless of the problems and what it cost lets just enjoy it and hopefully it can give most of the country a lift, I say most because those that have decided its a waste of time/money they will still have that view by the end no matter what happens.
  • The world is going to come together

It's certainly coming together on London Bridge at the.moment. traffic stationary in both directions, a million police and sirens going off everywhere.

• Shame just started to Rain in Dartford
  • anyone got a link to a free streaming site that is showing the opening ceremony? In Tuscany at the moment and can't get the good old Beeb online :(
  • edited July 2012

anyone got a link to a free streaming site that is showing the opening ceremony? In Tuscany at the moment and can't get the good old Beeb online :(

firstrowsport should have it

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/others.html
  • Raining now.

Who will light the flame? Hope it's not Beckham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Or that politician this morning whose bell fell apart!!!
  • edited July 2012

The world is going to come together

It's certainly coming together on London Bridge at the.moment. traffic stationary in both directions, a million police and sirens going off everywhere.

How many police?

• Boris will ride in on a Boris bike to light the olympic flame. You heard it here first :D
  • edited July 2012
    Wrong thread
  • edited July 2012
    5 time Olympic medal winner
  • PL54 said:

We have just signed a new retail deal

We have current players signing new deals

We have been to Spain

We have won every PSF

We have constructed a new development set up

We have lost 2 directors

We have not lost a player

Can everyone just get a grip - you can't influence any of this shit anyway, just have a beer, smile at the crumpet and get on with life.

Think you may have the wrong thread mate
  • stopped raining now......this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most of us...lets be proud..lets stand together...lets enjoy.....I cant wait to see it all.............one final time COME ON UK!!!! COME ON LONDON!!
  • The world is going to come together

So, a normal Friday evening then?

• I hope it's the Queen. That would be nice in her jubilee year if she can make it up the steps.
  • True