Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic boxing

The first session starts about now.

We're going tonight - middle and bantamweights.

Anybody else going?

Comments

• Going Friday.
  • Got refused tickets, big Joshua has a chance of gold for us as does Andrew selby.

Our main man though is Luke Campbell, if he turns pro he will go places
  • Hopefully Campbell's fighting tonight rather than this afternoon!
  • Going tomorrow afternoon
  • edited July 2012
    like fencing these days sadly. have a nice time though my dad has tickets for quarters
  • Wednesday night
  • My buddy is fencing for gb nolly

Crystal Nichol

Hopefully she will do well
  • Why aren't they showing the points as each boxer accumilates them?
  • I'm there with 5 mates on Wednesday night.
  • not having a go at it nla,may get my girls to do it as its harmless fun
  • Sponsored links:

• Going tomorrow night.

Planning train to Lewisham, Dlr to Canary Wharf, few beers there, then back on Dlr to Exel.

That sound about right ?
  • Going tomorrow night.

Planning train to Lewisham, Dlr to Canary Wharf, few beers there, then back on Dlr to Exel.

That sound about right ?

A few beers?
  • Alright then, quite a few !
  • Essex_Al said:

Why aren't they showing the points as each boxer accumilates them?

That's what I was thinking. I want to see the scores as we go along!
  • Going Friday. Hoping to see Andrew Selby.
  • Going tomorrow night.

That sound about right ?

Yep, that's exactly what we did - well west India quay rather than canary wharf. 10 mins from there to custom house. Took longer to walk through EXcel than anything. Getting through security was swift. The bonus was you can buy booze and sup in your seat which is a new one for me at boxing. Good night but a bit weird atmosphere wise.
  • Going Friday
  • I agree, the old system of punch counting was much better. Here's a blog on the old and new systems (scroll down through the basketball stuff!)
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/33224/why-i-wont-be-watching-olympic-boxing
  • edited July 2012
    Went yesterday to see o'neill and nevin both did well ! It was very well run they have all the staff on there best disney behaviour . some of the other fights were poor though . On my way home met james degale in standard after he was on he's way to ibiza got him to sign my olympics programme
  • Sponsored links:

• Olympic boxing is too political and too fixed I cant watch it. Tried yesterday as my wife wanted to watch the Thai boxer, he totally dominated his fight but somehow lost on count back. Richie Woodhall commentating couldn't believe the result.

Seen it happen far to many times at the Olympics I just cant be arsed with it
  • Thursday afternoon. Lightweights and Middleweights can't wait
  • Excellent coverage on BBC Olympic boxing channel last night - makes a change instead of having to hunt through all he channels
  • I'm going Thursday afternoon and then on the lash in west india quay

£75 tickets so hopefully a good view
  • seems hitting to the body is pointless
  • Going tonight , cannae wait ! Don't think there's any team GB fighters in action though
  • This tanzanian born swede is quite possibly the worst boxer I have ever seen!
  • Somehow he's a former European silver medalist !

The atmosphere here's great, crowd randomly seems to chose a fighter in each bout and cheers them on.

Been to a couple of events now and have to say we're doing a great job of hosting.
  • The German just threw a beaut of a left hook
  • Impressed with the super heavies...Cuba V GB, could have gone either way but 'our' lad sneaked it.