Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic: Gymnastics.

Can't say that I'm an expert on the sport, but just watched some of the mens gymnastics team and thought they were excellent. Louis Smith, Daniel Purvis and Kristian Thomas all mustard!

Comments

• Amazing strength those blokes have. I can't believe how it is humanly possible to do The Crucifix.
  • I went yesterday, was absolutely brilliant. Off again for the afternoon session today.
  • Anyone just see GBs Tweddle on the two bars then? Absolutely brilliant stuff.
  • edited July 2012
    the tall bloke for us when he was on the matt doing his stuff, how high was he getting off the floor, unbelievable!
  • bloodnut said:

the tall bloke for us when he was on the matt doing his stuff, how high was he getting off the floor, unbelievable!

Kristian Thomas that was, 5'9" chuckng double sumersaults.....

• BIG_ROB said:

bloodnut said:

Kristian Thomas that was, 5'9" chuckng double sumersaults.....

... and landing'em on a penny, great stuff!
  • cafcpolo said:

Anyone just see GBs Tweddle on the two bars then? Absolutely brilliant stuff.

I got to see it first hand Bloodnut. It was absolutely amazing!

Team GB have been fantastic and the togetherness of the team stands through. Certain other countries are like machines and maybe that is what it takes to get gold. What I saw today at the O2 reminded me of Charlton, an amazing team spirit and pulling together.

• going down to the wire for third place. real fight between us and the ukraine.
  • nailed it. well done lads. bronze medal.
  • oh shit a silver haha
  • Sponsored links:

• screw third....second place! silver. great stuff.
  • Silver!
  • epic stuff
  • wow didn't expect that, well done lads!
  • stewards enquiry at the moment
  • That was never a grade C dismount.

:-S
  • this is all a bit much... all because of a dismount.
  • Bronze for team GB now
  • Fucking joke. Dispute this GB!
  • Sponsored links:

• Japan is now my least favourite country at the Olympics...
  • what a pathetic ending.
  • bloody japanese
  • if the judges changed their mind after review then we have to accept the decision.

hope we dont boo the japanese when they get their silver. be pretty poor going.

well done lads.
  • I feel sorry for Ukraine! That's a horrible way to have a medal snatched away.
  • edited July 2012
    We should challenge the one point penalty for our guy on the high bar - say it was a failed dismount instead of a fall ;-)

Bronze is still a superb result - well done the lads.
  • smiffyboy said:

Japanese were sore losers, feel gutted for the lads did so so well

This

• Got in from work and caught the last 20 minutes of competition. That was good timing, seriously exciting.

Don't know anything about the sport really but those that do saying the judges made a mistake and it was the right result in the end so can't moan too much.....although we will.

And my Japanese friend has just facebooked me apologising so it's ok.
  • " The boys are back in town ..."

...following the girls' lead.