Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian "Look" Thorpe

Anyone else noticed how whenever he's asked a question he generally starts his answer with "Look ....".

It's starting to grate ..........

Comments

• Look, the guy's an Aussie. What do you expect?
    Although I think Tony Blair used to do it too.
  • Yes, I noticed it too, though I suppose it's like lots of people who keep saying 'you know' in every sentence.
  • Look, if you think he's bad, look, you should listen to Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke. Look, they even drop look into the middle of sentences, never mind starting them with it.
  • Oh behave Leroy. You'll be telling me that the tone of their voice raises at the end of a sentence next, as if they're asking a question???
  • all Aussies say "yeah look" and make each sentance sound like a question.

Still quite trim after retirement , in fact I'd say he's light on his feet ;)
  • I thought you boys were going to say how good-looking he is!
  • Most Aussies do this. Shane Warne starts most sentences with either "Ah/Yeah look", or "Listen.....".
  • It is driving me crackers. He didn't do it so much tonight tho as last night. I can't bear it. Sounds horrible.

I First picked up on it when Australias top police officer was being interviewed on BBC... look this look that. Sounds awful INNIT.
  • Awesome

That's another word Aussies/Kiwis overuse :-)
  • Awesome

That's another word Aussies/Kiwis overuse :-)

I think I might do too...