Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic: Hockey

GB doing the Argies, if only it was footie!

Are we any good at this now, I remember the glory days of Shaun Curley & co but what are we like now?

Comments

• Barry davies ..... LEGEND...
  • No idea how good we are, but I used to love playing hockey at school
  • sam3110 said:

No idea how good we are, but I used to love playing hockey at school

Same here but not many schools had a boys hockey team so we didn;t get to play many matches, shame really

Davies doing it.I'll have me some of that.

• I don't know but the experts say we have a decent chance of medals in both men and ladies.
  • Apparently we are second favourites in the mens behind the Aussies
  • Just on way back home from tonight's offering, first time actually at a hockey match , it was a fantastic evening.

The atmosphere was great fun, the beer was flowing and so was the banter, enjoyed it more than a football match ( heresy on here I know) Team GB were very good to watch and well deserved giving the Argies a pasting.

Stayed on for the Germany v Belgium game as we enjoyed it so much , and wanted so how good Germany were, they were pants, and a bit lucky imo.

If you get a chance to go to the Olympic Park at Stratford , it's is amazing, beautifully landscaped with wild flowers etc, but the place was friendly and buzzing, I envy anyone going to watch the track and field, the stadium looks awesome!
  • I used to love playing hockey at school too. I remember getting up for the final in '88 and seeing loads of lights going on as the bully off drew near. Sean Kerly Was the nuts at that time!
  • Ladies 2-1 up at half time.

Davies doing it.I'll have me some of that.

It was in hockey that he came out with arguably his most famous line - "Where were the Germans, and frankly, who cares!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Ladies leading 5-3, 8 mins left.

Korea keeper is having a mare.
  • 5-3 FT
  • Didnt they sub the goalie during the first half ?
  • Oh, if that's the case then they have two dodgy keepers.
  • Went to the hockey this morning. Wish male footballers were as hard as women hockey players!
  • Need to catch the next GB game. Went to school and lived in the same boarding house as Ashley Jackson, our star player. Was a quiet lad and frustratingly now pretty much the only person in his year I never spoke to in my house. Mind you, he was an upper 6th whilst i was in year 9. Still my current claim to fame.