Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

Just seen him shopping at Sainsburys on the Peninsular...two things struck me (apart from his pink t-shirt)..a) he's bloomin tall and b) his girlfriend (if it was her) was surprisingly 'normal' for a footballer...

Obviously wanted to engage him in conversation on the merits of last night, but thought there was something undignified about trying to speak to a bloke who's buying some loo roll....

Comments

• Options
    on his salary, i hope it was quilted !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Just seen him shopping at Sainsburys on the Peninsular...two things struck me (apart from his pink t-shirt)..a) he's bloomin tall and b) his girlfriend (if it was her) was surprisingly 'normal' for a footballer...

I may be mistaken, but I get the impression that DB isn't your average lairy wideboy footballer. You remember that story last season about each premiership team choosing a "reading champion" and listing their favourite book ? Amongst the sports books, kids books, Dan Brown novels and Paul Konchesky's stereotypical Eastender choice, what does Benty pick? A fantasy novel. I suspect he may be a bit of a geek on the quiet.
  • Options
    Darren Bent was also spotted in the Bexleyheath noodle bar on Monday.
  • Options
    Forget about the goal scoring for a minute....

The more I hear about this guy, the more I like him. He seems like a really nice "normal" down-to-earth bloke!

Let's just hope he doesn't get his head turned by someone waving wads of cash and become a typical footballing tosseur.
  • Options
    I keep seeing him in his Aston DB9 near where i work by the Blackwall Tunnel, he drives just like a 21 year old too! Nutter.

I hear what your saying Fblocker, i totally agree, he seems a real decent chap, down to earth and that.