Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Madman in hatchett attack in Orpington Church Hall!

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
St Barnabas.......Just been on BBC breakfast news.
6 elderly people taken to hospital and man arrested.
Blimey!

Comments

• Was in St Pauls cray. Some right loons about.

Luckily 2 passing strangers intervened.

• say what you like about chatham, we have not had that yet!

Hope all the folks hurt get better pronto
  • Shocking news.
  • Thank god, not as bad as it could have been, still pretty damn frightening for all concerned though.......how very strange.
  • care in the community doesnt work lock them up
  • It has shocked the community but the fuzz done a great job of containing him. Cray in the news for all the wrong reasons.
  • Teen boy was brutally attacked with a hatchet on Plumstead Highstreet a couple of weeks ago.
    Interesting how certain areas wont reach the news.
    of course my thoughts are with the victims though.
  • edited August 2012

Teen boy was brutally attacked with a hatchet on Plumstead Highstreet a couple of weeks ago.

You make a valid point but my guess is that the "newsworthy" point is that the attack took place in a church rather than the attack itself.

Sadly innocent people being attacked in the street is commonplace and not worthy of comment or police attention in 21st Century Britain.

It wasn't even worthy of police attention in 20th Century Britain.

My brother had his nose broken in an unprovoked assault by a gang of youths from the town on his university campus.

I drove to his assistance and took him to the police station to report it.

The desk sergeant's response: "What are you complaining about? You should be grateful he wasn't stabbed!"

No interest in investigating it at all and plenty of lone students had been similarly assaulted.

EDIT: Personal information not really relevant to main point and scope for CL points scorers to launch usual personal jibes.

• LenGlover said:

Teen boy was brutally attacked with a hatchet on Plumstead Highstreet a couple of weeks ago.

You make a valid point but my guess is that the "newsworthy" point is that the attack took place in a church rather than the attack itself.

Sadly innocent people being attacked in the street is commonplace and not worthy of comment or police attention in 21st Century Britain.

My brother had his nose broken in an unprovoked assault by a gang of youths from the town on his university campus.

The desk sergeant's response: "What are you complaining about? You should be grateful he wasn't stabbed!"

No interest in investigating it at all and plenty of lone students had been similarly assaulted.

I was all for taking the number and writing to the chief constable but other family members convinced me it would be pointless and may well put us on a police blacklist.

Yeah you'd have been up there with Bin Laden and the IRA if you'd penned that Len.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012

LenGlover said:

I was all for taking the number and writing to the chief constable but other family members convinced me it would be pointless and may well put us on a police blacklist.

Yeah you'd have been up there with Bin Laden and the IRA if you'd penned that Len.
    The police love a soft target Rodney unfortunately.

The point though is that in my personal experience they have no interest in investigating violent assaults.
  • He didnt even use the machete!! Ridiulous story!
  • seems the hero was the black guy who contained him,the police thought he was a part of the attack
  • Oh Len, come on - are you somehow suggesting that 19th century Britain - or earlier - was any better? It's always been that way. Doesn't make it right, of course, but I'd rather live now than in 19th century London.
  • MCS said:

He didnt even use the machete!! Ridiulous story!

Hmm, I did think the title of that article was slightly misleading, once you realise that he didn't attack anyone with it. Mind you, that's something to be grateful for.
  • Guys, I repeated it 'exactly' as stated on BBC Breakfast TV......please don't shoot the messenger.
  • 16 year old stabbed to death in Downham/Grove Park last night as well. Just off Burnt Ash Lane
  • launcelot road
  • LenGlover said:

EDIT: Personal information not really relevant to main point and scope for CL points scorers to launch usual personal jibes.

Oh Jesus !!
  • Telling that nobody finds it surprising that the police are not interested in investigating violent assaults.

They'd rather take the piss instead.

Hey ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guys, I repeated it 'exactly' as stated on BBC Breakfast TV......please don't shoot the messenger.

Was talking about the newspaper article mate, not you.
  • I got married at St Barnabas in 1979. Growing up on St Pauls Cray in those days was like any village. We had constant run ins with the gypsies living around the estate. One incident sticks in my mind. A little bloke called Malcom Hollands was once picked on in the Robin Hood pub by a well known local gypsy. Malcolm hit him over the head with a soda syphon and then went on the run for a year. The gypsy concerned would have killed him, literally. Malcolm is the machete man from the recent attacks !!!