Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics:Equestrian

No thread on this yet?

In jump off for Gold now.

Comments

• Options
    Gold to GB!
  • Options
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!
  • Options
    Blimey, we cant stop winning.
  • Options
    YESSSSSSS !! Great news!
  • Options
    We RULE the Olympics this time around!
  • Options
    I think some of the most iconic pictures and images of this Olympics will be those from Greenwich Park
  • Options
    YYYYYES. GREAT Britain!
  • Options
    Greenwich will be rocking later.
  • Options
    I think some of the most iconic pictures and images of this Olympics will be those from Greenwich Park
    Son in law there last week on a Corporate day and said the views from the Equestrian Park were fantastic . Definitely made the most of what Greenwich has to offer.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Cough, America and China, Cough

Come on Team GB

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You need a Fisherman's Friend, MrOneLung
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

cafckev said:

Cough, America and China, Cough

Come on Team GB

Those two are always going to be fighting it out for the top two. We are never going to get into the top two, so where we are IS the best we can ever get!
  • Options
    Great news - Being a Greenwich resident, I certainly look forward to seeing some of the scenes on the TV later.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    They have just set up the podium for the medal ceremony and it is almost exactly where me, my brother, SHG and a few other lads use to have our goal posts for our kick about every day during the summer holidays many years ago!
  • Options
    bordering on cruelty.

totally unfair that the horses don't get medals as well.
  • Options
    loads of empty seats.....
  • Options
    Surprised the Queen hasn't made an appearance at the Horse dancing thingy
  • Options
    What is this tosh on bbc one now. Looks bloody stupid, so no wonder there is no sod there.
  • Options
    This is the the most tedious event I've ever seen. No idea what is going on.
  • Options
    they trot around and then the commentator says, 'oh that wasn't good there'
    what? nothing happened? they were still trotting around?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sailing on the other channel - almost as bewildering!
  • Options

Horse sailing on BBC3
  • Options
    have they saved the 'wtf' sports for the 2nd week as they think people will get swept along with the nonsense?
  • Options
    Can you imagine a dressage, flat racing and a national hunt horse all in there stalls asking each other how their days went.

Flat ' I went as fast as a could over a mile'
    National hunt ' I jumped 18 fences over 2 miles'
    Dressage ' I danced around like a ponce'
  • Options
    Is there paralympic horses?
  • Options
    I just watched a bit of it. No idea how the score was reached but have to be impressed by the control the rider has and the horse for basically doing Gee-gee gymnastic floor routine.

Not going to replace football as a spectator sport anytime soon but I guess if you ride a horse then it makes more sense.
  • Options

Horse sailing on BBC3
    LOL

Are you sure that's not water polo?
  • Options
    I went to the dressage on Friday - wanted to go to one of the Greenwich events & this was the only one we could get tickets for. It's really impressive "in the flesh". I've watched a bit on the telly today & you definitely lose something by having the camera zoomed-in so much. The way they make the horses almost walk on air is amazing. Once you've seen about 4-5 routines you can tell the good from bad...
  • Options
    What? He's eaten the bloody sail!
    Surely disqualification.
    And a check for tranquilizers too.