Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Two in a Row?

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
A win on Saturday would be the first time in 60 matches.

Last time was West Brom away - first half it was just like watching Brazil (only time I've ever sung that about Charlton), but it went very pear-shaped second half, and we were fairly lucky to hang on.

So - can we do it?

Comments

• Options
    Of course we can. It's not the 2 in a row we need to worry about. We then to beat Newcastle and Wigan as well.
  • Options
    didn't we go on a run of 2-3 wins about this time during our relegation season ????
  • Options
    Pretty sure we did. We beat Wimbledon i think and won 2-0 at Derby amongst the run
  • Options
    Yes three successive wins in February as I recall.
    And we won five in a row three or four years back in Feb I think - I think Jeffers ended that by socring the winning goal for Arsenal.
  • Options
    I fear that it won't happen. I can see us struggling to get out of this fixture with a draw. I don't think that I have ever seen us win at Watford.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I fear that it won't happen. I can see us struggling to get out of this fixture with a draw. I don't think that I have ever seen us win at Watford.

BAN HIM FROM THE BOARD. POSITIVE POSTS ONLY!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup BAN HIM FROM THE BOARD. POSITIVE POSTS ONLY!!
    OK then - I am POSITIVE that we will struggle to get out of this fixture with a draw!!!
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup BAN HIM FROM THE BOARD. POSITIVE POSTS ONLY!![/cite]
    [cite]
    OK then - I am POSITIVE that we will struggle to get out of this fixture with a draw!!![/cite]

LOL

When's the last time we had an "up for it manager" though? Charlton are going there to "ave it!" - maybe this change in approach will see our fortunes change as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite] I don't think that I have ever seen us win at Watford.

Don't go then, Red_Pete!
  • Options
    I fancy a win at Watford,a draw with Newcastle and a win against Wigan.Positive enough for ya? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I don't think that I have ever seen us win at Watford.

Don't go then, Red_Pete!

Yeah, keep AFKA company he's banned from going too:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Actually it is all OK now; I do remember a game back in the 90's where Lee Bowyer got the winner in a 2-1 victory. Mind you, we had gone 1-0 down first if I remember correctly!!
  • Options
    Not including our loss there in the CCC we won on our last visit to Vicarage Road back in Feb 1995 with a 2-1 win over a relegation bound Hornets.

A young Kevin Phillips put them ahead with a really sharp finish but we were a much stronger side and deservedly won 2-1, although our goals were both really scrappy!!!

From what I remember we took quite a few over there that day and I am not sure but I think Kerry Dixon might have been playing for them, or was it Paul Wilkinson?
  • Options
    I got thrown out of Vicarage Road in late 70's for a bit of a "scuffle" thought I was going to get arrested but was let go by the cooper. Went back into the ground after as well. Shyte ground, shyte team should get the 3 points.....
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I fear that it won't happen. I can see us struggling to get out of this fixture with a draw. I don't think that I have ever seen us win at Watford.

Well, misery guts, I have! ;-)

It might well have been a long time ago but we won 2-1.
    And I seem to remember a 1-0.
    So it can be done!

Postscript: Sorry, Pete.......I didn't see your later post....