Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics: Triathlon

Any one else going up to Hyde park tomorrow (Its free)? Its also a very likely that it'll be a British 1-2 with the Brownlee's being the best at it by a mile.

Comments

• Options
    I'll be there, Swim for tri have held a few training sessions in the serpentine in early june so it was good to get a swin in a olympic venue. A4L have you been to any other events?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    SESEVEN said:

I'll be there, Swim for tri have held a few training sessions in the serpentine in early june so it was good to get a swin in a olympic venue. A4L have you been to any other events?

I wish I'd been to other events especially the cycling in the velodrome as Cycling is my 2nd favourite sport after footy. I was unfortunately on holiday for the free cycling events (Road race and time trail) but the triathlon will do for me and it will be great to see some more British people win (hopefully). I just wish I got some tickets!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Johnny brownlee has a 15 second penalty to incur but is well placed

Alastair is doing well up front with no penalty

• Options
    this is great viewing. London looks great!
  • Options
    Richard Murray is in it. no wonder he's taking a back seat at the club these days.
  • Options
    Richard Murray is doing well at the moment....
  • Options
    Seems to have had a Rooney hair transplant though preferred rm bald
  • Options
    More aerodynamic...
  • Options
    wow - great aerial shot of the tens of thousands watching.
    gold-bronze perhaps?
  • Options
    brilliant ending! what a race!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic!!
  • Options

brilliant ending! what a race!!!

not half - as they all are, superb athletes. Well done!
  • Options
    Still got the bronze even with a 15 sec. penalty! Great stuff by the brothers Brownlee.
  • Options
    Was praying he didnt trip up when faffing around with the flag !!!
  • Options
    Fantastic result - great advert for London too!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Was praying he didnt trip up when faffing around with the flag !!!

I was shouting at the TV "Just cross the *BEEP* line"!!!

• Options
    Read elsewhere that he was only about a minute and a hlaf off Mo Farah's 10k the other night.

Also the Brownlee family are now 36th in the medal table.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yorkshire is now 10th, above Japan, Australia, Brazil
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Yorkshire is now 10th, above Japan, Australia, Brazil
    I can almost hear the calls for devolution and independence ;-)
  • Options
    I was worried he might get disqualified for picking up that flag before the end of the race!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    think scotland may be above yorkshire but dont tell anyone
  • Options
    the Brownlees brothers are amazing athletes... and more gold/bronze for GB! Nice!
  • Options
    Johnny unwell at the minute and the medal ceremony delayed

Hope he is ok
  • Options
    ceremony delayed as johnnie brownlee taken away in ambulance....!
  • Options
    They are saying its something to do with his 15 sec penalty and the lowering and raising of his heartbeat

Reckon penalties need to be taken at the end not during the race if this turns out to be true
  • Options
    his coach seems to think he's ok.
  • Options
    just picked up his medal so seems fine
  • Options
    The poor Spaniard keeps getting pushed out of the pics.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

The poor Spaniard keeps getting pushed out of the pics.

What does he expect?, coming over here, winning our medals... ;-)
  • Options
    I got a great spot right at the front (got their at 9:30 - 10:00) and the atmosphere was fantastic. We were just before the hairpin on the run so we got to see the runners twice a lap (8 times in total) and the bike's once (7 times). I shook hands with a Belgium triathlete just because I shouted come on Belgium during his training ride and I was chuffed to bits.

The people from all over the world supporting their triathletes as well was incredible and the Japanese blokes opposite us were delighted when the bloke they were supporting stopped on his training run to talk to them for about 5 minutes. As for the drunken Spaniards on our right they shouting at everything. The spirit of the games overall was great and it was an experience I'll never forget.

I've got some great pictures and video's too but I can't be arsed to upload them now but I will later.