Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Tall Ships

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone know where the best place is to see the Tall Ships. Don't want the cruise just to go and take some photos.

Also does anyone know if Sunday is the last day ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Yes it is the last.

Greenwich council is organising a fireworks display on Saturday evenign at 9.45 at Woolwich Arsenal pier so the Tall ships will all be there then for that.

Best place to view is at Woolwich, before the start of one of their trips.
  • Options
    I'm on the tall ships tomorrow night!! can't wait!

something that I didn't have to click refresh 80k times to part with £200!

B> we're gonna go Dial Arch to meet before and maybe after depending what time it finishes if you're about! Me, Dec, Dad and Patrick.
  • Options
    I asked Ian about doing it tomorrow night, id love to do it myself but dont think we will, due to being sensible.

• Options
    Glad I've seen these links - am thinking of going, on my own as boyfriend can't make : (
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Btw, Curb_It, you were absolutley spot on with Angle McN Interiors - she's an absolute gem!
  • Options
    ***** WOMEN ONLY THREAD ALERT *******
  • Options

Btw, Curb_It, you were absolutley spot on with Angle McN Interiors - she's an absolue gem!

Great to hear.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I asked Ian about doing it tomorrow night, id love to do it myself but dont think we will, due to being sensible.

let him be sensible and just get yourself a ticket and come with us!
  • Options
    I know but im going on Sunday now as well. Its a bit expensive what with holiday in 2 weeks.
    Are you on the 6pm one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no, the last one, 8.30ish?
  • Options
    Okay, yes I would do if i wasnt doing Hyde park but shall be good.
  • Options
    I did this after the watching skeet shooting at the barracks. Shooting finished at 2 pm took a stroll down to the arsenal for the 3.30pm and sailed on the Lady of Avenel. Lovely way to spend a couple of hours. The skipper was very relaxed and let anyone take the wheel or help with the sails. Was slightly worried when he let some old Doris take us through the barrier though. Don't forget your camera as you get very close to HMS Ocean.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I asked Ian about doing it tomorrow night, id love to do it myself

Ooh err missus
  • Options
    Anyone know any promotion code for tickets?
  • Options
    oooh I had one for evening standard.... to get a free drink. I think go on the evening standard website and put in tall ships!?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. Am looking at going tomorrow evening. As I can't get the bf to reply if he can make it during the day
  • Options
    For the first time in over 20 years, the Thames will play host to a stunning fleet of Tall Ships.

Until 12 August, 2 hour cruises which take in the O2, Canary Wharf, Old Royal College, Queens House and the Observatory and the Thames Barrier are running five times daily, including a sunset cruise. Tickets are £59pp for adults, and ES Readers will get a complimentary drink.

For more information visit:
    sailroyalgreenwich.co.uk/thamestallshipcruise

TO BOOK TICKETS:
    Call 08444 771 000 or visit ticketweb.co.uk/sail and enter promotional code STANDARD

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. Anyone know the area - can I get the train? If not is there somewhere anyone knows for parking, rather than pay their rates? cheers
  • Options
    I've checked the website - looks like a short walk from Woolwich Arsenal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Guys !