Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Dressage

Seriously, wtf is that all about?

Comments

• Options
    2 Golds and a Bronze.
  • Options
    It looks like disco dancing for Horses but we seem good at so I don't really care as long as we win.
  • Options
    Not for me, that. Teach a horse to hop a bit at a certain speed, it's hardly the sailing or the triathlon.
  • Options
    Not knocking the medals - well played to them. But I wonder who first decided it would be a good idea to see if they could get a horse to dance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians demanded that Bear Dancing gets recognised as an Olympic sport next.
  • Options
    I can't get too excited by equestrian events , but maybe this is something a bit different , not everyones cuppa , but different , i'm hoping their going to bring in skateboarding into the Olympics , give those youngsters in .... something to aim for.
  • Options
    Chris Brown wants Skateboarding as well..
  • Options
    They got BMX, that's more than enough... ;-)
  • Options
    My girlfriend went to watch the dressage last thursday. I was offered a ticket but after failing to make up a valid excuse, I simply told her no thanks. Don't even like watching horses run or jump, so certainly not going to sit there all day watching them dance........................
  • Options
    Not a sport, but then again it's not the only one in this Olympics.
  • Options
    Based on military training for horses.

Originally all the competitors were cavalry officers and the skill was showing how skilled the rider and horse would be in battle.

Not sure where the music bit came in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Possibly the gold medal that's the hardest for most of us to identify with.

IMHO, yesterday it came behind Adams, Jones, Taylor, Bolt & Rudisha.
  • Options
    it's the horses that are dancing, why don't they get the medals?

• Options
    They get a purple rosette
  • Options
    I love the fact we are doing so well at he Olympics but it does not hide the point that there are some events that just should not be there and some events that have to many medals.

Swimming for example just has too many chances to win gold and in my opinion devalues the achievements, could you imagine the athletics events having 100m backwards or 1500m hop? I think Gymnastics is possibly another (not withstanding how difficult that looks).
  • Options
    Its probably tied with Water Polo for most tedious sport to watch.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Pile of shit, and don't get me started with that poxy game, handball.
  • Options
    Pile of shit, and don't get me started with that poxy game, handball.
    I disagree about handball, I quite enjoyed that when I went to see it. I also enjoyed water polo too...
  • Options
    Charlie Brooker accurately described dressage as 'teaching a horse to mince like a 1970s sitcom homosexual'

V good article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/05/olympics-better-than-looked-on-tin
  • Options
    Think this should explain everything for the uninitiated. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjtwWpRHOto&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    Some of these comments are hilarious...

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/dressage-day-1-a-beginners-guide/

Read from the bottom up, the comment at 13:01 sums up for me :)