Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - taekwando

Must have missed thread if there is one.
well done our girl - although I watched the final and couldnt tell why some points scored and others didnt !!!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Quite. Jade Jones - Britain's first Olympic gold medal winner in taekwondo....and just 19. Brilliant.
  • Options
    This was one of my favourite moments
  • Options
    I was watching, it was 6-1 literally turned away for a couple of seconds and it was suddenly 6-4. Well done Jade anyway. Youngest Gold medal winner so far.
  • Options
    she had some real tough competition as well.

amazing balance and technique.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for local (Doncaster) girl Sarah Stevenson today. Especially as I can then bore everyone to death going on about how I taught her Religious Studies GCSE - she got a B!
  • Options
    Dont know Sarah Stevenson, in fact never heard of her until today but just seen her interviewed on BBC and her story of how she lost both her parents to cancer last year was very moving. I really hope she wins a gold, she deserves it if anyone does.

• Options
    come on sarah, good luck!
  • Options
    Needs something special in third round - currently 5-1 down.
  • Options
    5-0 down in 2nd round ,,,,,,,

5-1 now

not looking good
  • Options
    oh gawd, commentator... "her mum said before she died to go and win it for her" bleeding hell!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    all over sarah loses 5-1

such a sad story , good luck sarah
  • Options
    gutted for her... lets hope she can get a go at the bronze and on the podium!
  • Options
    Really sad for the lass. She is absolutely loved round these parts and is regularly at local schools etc working with youngsters.
  • Options
    Don't let Lineker interview her
  • Options
    Have watched a bit of this the past few days and other that a kick in the mush, I have absolutely no idea how it's scored.

Fellas just seem to keep getting kicked in the bollocks all the time. And one of our blokes the other day was punching. Can you do that? Confusing!
  • Options
    some martials arts cant be applied in real life,this is one,hands down asking for trouble
  • Options
    You like a dust up nolly. How's it scored then?
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19208068

oh I wish she could have won. Would have been an amazing story.
  • Options
    not a fan of it offy,think high kicks to head three ,punchesto body one and spinningkicks to head a six,you are not allowed to hold and hit,i find it boring,prefer judo
  • Options
    nolly said:

not a fan of it offy,think high kicks to head three ,punchesto body one and spinningkicks to head a six,you are not allowed to hold and hit,i find it boring,prefer judo

Are you allowed to drop the nut?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no sadly not
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    So basically you just kick people in the nuts or the head? All sounds a bit nasty to me. It's as if someone decided to invent a sport with a load of banned moves from other sports.
  • Options
    she can still get the bronze though - come on girl! you can do it!
  • Options
    i think its tame compared to other martial arts
  • Options
    hope she gets bronze she has had such hurdles in life to get here
  • Options
    Unlucky to Sarah I hope she gets a medal.

Also I remember that there was some controversy over who got picked to fight for team GB in one of the men's weight categories (Didn't we have the #1 bloke in the world and he didn't get picked?). So what happened with this and how is the bloke that replaced him doing.
  • Options
    he watched yesterday but can't go today as he's still so angry he wasn't picked when he deserves to be here. more pressure for the bloke thats replaced him!
  • Options
    nolly said:

i think its tame compared to other martial arts

Probably the second after judo.
  • Options
    the bloke who replaced him , went thru comfortably this morning
  • Options
    think judo is better fod