Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Body found at Tia's grandmothers house

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Sad news

Comments

• Options
    Very very sad. Begs a lot of questions though. How long has she been there? If all the time how come she was not discovered earlier? If she was only moved there from somewhere else in the last day or less why was the house not under surveillance? In a good deal of these cases it is family or someone very close.

For the time being though, RIP Tia.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP

A manhunt has been launched for Stuart Hazell, the step-grandfather of missing girl Tia Sharp, after the discovery of a body.
  • Options
    Police are looking for her grandmothers boyfriend.
  • Options
    don't think you needed to be a rocket scientist to wrk that one out. Should have been under 24 hr surveillance in my opinion.
  • Options
    why was the house not checked
  • Options
    RIP

All seemed dodgy when they said a 12 year old had gone out with no phone or Oyster card.

Hope the killer is caught and sent away for a long long time.
  • Options
    Awful to say, but it had that look from day 1
  • Options
    So very very sad. May the little lady rest in peace.

Inevitably questions will be asked and the media circus will descend, thoughts with her proper loving friends and family.
  • Options
    Very sad, seemed inevitable this type of news would cone but you always hope not.
  • Options
    Said to my missus few days ago when they said they had no cctv, it was a family job, how can there have been no cctv in this day and age if she had gone out. RIP TIA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very strange that the one place they didnt look was the family home
  • Options
    Poor girl. Having 2 daughters of my own and this being a place 10 mins from my parents house it kind of has a bigger impact. I dont know how they could have gone a week without finding her but I'm no expert and my lack of understanding of these things is probably based around the CSI culture which makes you presume this is the sort of thing they would uncover immediately.

New Addington is a rough place. It's a place as a kid growing up in Coney Hall we would make sure we avoided. Maybe that's a childhood middle class perception, who knows.

Either way it's awful news and I hope she rests in peace. Poor kid.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll be found dead somewhere
  • Options
    I suspect the Police suspected someone in the family early on but they needed to take their time and catch the right person or persons. I find it hard to believe only one person in the house knew.

All very sad and rough as New Addington might be this is still way way beyond typical for a rough council estate.
  • Options
    Murder suspect (and machete wielding crack dealer) Stuart Hazell talking to a criminologist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9465627/Tia-Sharps-step-grandad-I-didnt-do-anything-to-her.html#
  • Options
    The thing I cant understand is why if this was the last place she was seen alive, and there were no CCTV footage to the contrary, this wasnt instantly treated as a crime scene. Surely any decent evidence would have been destroyed or at best contaminated!
  • Options
    the suspect has fled so if the police suspected someone in the family evidently not him,lets hope he is found asap and brought to justice. rip Tia
  • Options
    sad news, that family will be in bits and not just from a huge loss of the little girl.
    Surely all the OB had to do was ask the family if they could do a complete search ? no evidence needed at all just ASK. If there was nothing there its been eliminate and they move on.
    I cant see how the Gran wouldnt have known a body was there after all this time and the warm weather.
  • Options
    RIP little lady.
  • Options
    A 'step grandad' aged 37 with a record of imprisonment for drugs and possession of a machete.... Shouldn't be left alone with a child. I thought it was going to be another Karen Matthews style thing, sadly it is worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As horrible as it sounds, my first thought was shannon matthews.

Hopefully the suspect is found asap.

Rip
  • Options
    I have watched that interview and it chilled my blood. The bloke in question insists he knows that Tia left the house, yet a body has been discovered there. Chilling.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I thought from day 1 that he had done it. Only a fool would believe that she had gone to Croydon, shopping for shoes, without her mobile, without her Oyster Card & only £10.

When they said there was no CCTV of her going, yet there was of her arriving the previous day, this added even more weight.

I was going to start this thread, but in respect to P-Air's missing lady, I thought perhaps it would be insensitive.

RIP Tia & best wishes to P-Air.
  • Options
    Think the grandmother has been arrested whilst the hunt for her "boyfriend" goes on.

Maybe I am too quick to judge people but as soon as I saw the family involved, I would have bet my house that the girl had been murdered and by someone very close to home....What's the betting the poor , innocent lass was sexually assaulted too ?

Fervently hope that there is such a thing as karma.
  • Options
    Why did the OB let him out there sights and only search the house now? They only brought the forensic search forward because a police dog found something.
    The 'grandad' has got so many previous convictions and has been with the mum and the nan! Wouldn't let him anywhere near kids. Strange old carry on and the poor girl has lost her life cos of it. So sad.
  • Options
    Clearly its tempting to rush to judgement. The OB are searching for him - it doesn't mean he did it.

I wonder what will come out regarding this family and what possible signs were missed. I fear the story won't be a good one.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

A 'step grandad' aged 37 with a record of imprisonment for drugs and possession of a machete.... Shouldn't be left alone with a child. I thought it was going to be another Karen Matthews style thing, sadly it is worse.

A lot worse people are left alone with kids than that.

Questions will be asked of course. The situation is a difficult one in terms of juggling sensitivity of the family and then getting the Job done.

RIP Tia

• Options
    his been found
  • Options

Fanny

I havent heard that the gran has been arrested but i notice she would never show her face to a camera

He has been nicked in merton
  • Options
    there was a pic in the paper today of the gran on way back from the shop with 2 packets of fags. how the hell could she carry on as normal.