Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Life without football !

The season kicks off tommorow for me when the cummunity shield starts.

And ive got a massive buzz about Charlton this season .

But what would life really be like without football ?

It gives me shivers just thinking about it .

Comments

• Options
    unbearable , unthinkable , what would we do on saturday without it ?
  • Options
    Without football nearly all men would be socially awkward !
  • Options

But richer :)

• Options
    At most of my life I think I would agree that life without football would be unthinkable but as I get older it seems year on year that I fall out of love with football just a little bit more. It's greedy and unattractive and if I'm honest I do think back to the days when it was still a sport with some affection.
  • Options

At most of my life I think I would agree that life without football would be unthinkable but as I get older it seems year on year that I fall out of love with football just a little bit more. It's greedy and unattractive and if I'm honest I do think back to the days when it was still a sport with some affection.

My old man says exactly the same.

• Options
    SHG got to agree with you being nearly 60, i long for the good old days, without the obvious cheating, money etc, have often said if we get into the premiership I will give up my season ticket as I cant take all the rubbish that comes with the premiership.
  • Options
    its called death.
  • Options
    Certainly see your point SHG
  • Options
    Totally agree SHG, and I'm only in my 30's - so it's not an age thing, perhaps.
    More a 'justice, what's right and wrong' kind of thing, perhaps.
  • Options
    someone asked me a question, would I rather no colour in the world or no football. Everything would be like grey with no colour, be very bleak. I said I would rather no colour, what would everyone else think? Seems a silly question but colour does add an awful lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with SHG, other things have distracted me from the event, the children growing up and leaving home, we always went to virtually every away game together on Betty's coach. The toothless displays of a few years back didnt help. Use match days now for a meet up with mates I've met via this site (commonly known as the clique) which has got to be the biggest joke ever. They are a group of people of all ages from teenagers to Plaaayer in his 40s up to Redmidland in his 80s, they make everyone welcome. The buzz was great last year, but football the be all and end all of my life not anymore it isn't, its a social event that happens to have a game of football in the middle.
  • Options

And less tired and less stressed.

• Options
    I haven't missed football a bit this summer
  • Options
    Agree with Rothko, haven't missed it this summer.
    Agree with SHG, it ain't what it used to be.
    In answer to cafcf1990, I'll stick with the world of colour thanks.
  • Options
    Another to agree with SHG and Rothko. I'll be there next season but it's not such big deal nowadays.