Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicola Adams

I dont approve of womens boxing but just saw the interview with her with the bbc where they take her for tea up london,she really comes across as such a nice girl and humble,nearly 30 which surprised me.

Comments

• Options
    Agree nolly. She seems a really nice young lady. Her interview directly after her gold medal win was a joy. Nice looking lass too.
  • Options
    I work with her cousin,i was with her when she got the text to say she had made the final :)
  • Options
    Always seems to have a genuine smile on her face. And decent boxing skills, Her combination punches were so accurate.
  • Options
    She comes across as a bubbly person with an endearing character, down to earth and proud to represent her country, well done Nicola!
  • Options
    She is one of the many athletes who have put a grin on my face for their pure happiness and joy, I would include Laura Trott and her team pursuit colleagues
  • Options
    nolly said:

I dont approve of womens boxing but.................

Why? Do you approve of mens boxing? These women are passionate about their sport, and some are technically very good fighters. If they choose to do this with free will then I really can't see any difference from men doing it, as with all sports.
  • Options
    nolly said:

I dont approve of womens boxing but just saw the interview with her with the bbc where they take her for tea up london,she really comes across as such a nice girl and humble,nearly 30 which surprised me.

what is wrong with u how can u not approve of womens boxing if u approve of mens what age r u living in mate.
  • Options
    I'm sure the athletes in question couldn't give a monkeys if someone "approves" of them or not.
    Congratulations to Adams, I think I might take up boxing myself. Great cardio.
    Anyone know where I can get hold of some creatine? :p
  • Options
    just my view
  • Options
    nolly said:

just my view

I don't approve of mens boxing either.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    many are the same shg
  • Options
    Dan I understand your view it is that of a gentleman and I know you are talking from experience.

Can't really imagine dating a girl with black eyes, broken nose and cuts to the face but I have met a few that fit that description.
  • Options
    she was a nice girl but a pain in the arse to listen to when Lineker interviewed the other day. all she kept saying was " yer you know"
  • Options
    can we put her in the "would ya?"
  • Options
    buckshee said:

can we put her in the "would ya?"

Would you like to lick her in the ring? (Joke nicked from R4 last week)
  • Options

she was a nice girl but a pain in the arse to listen to when Lineker interviewed the other day. all she kept saying was " yer you know"

Not "definitely"? Sick of hearing that word.
  • Options
    nolly said:

just my view

Nothing wrong with being sexy nolly.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Not "definitely"? Sick of hearing that word.
    Aw, come on chaps. She's an amateur boxer from Leeds. She's not been on all the "media training" courses that our footballlera go through, so so what if she doesn't quite have the vocabulary to express herself.

She came across as happy, humble and proud. That'll do for me.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

nolly said:

just my view

Nothing wrong with being sexy nolly.
    Why thank you Offy.