Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Michael

What a dick.
After everything good they let that twat have 20mins.
Loving it otherwise.

Comments

• Options
    Does he really deserve his own thread?
  • Options
    He had a paunch but not as big as mine.
  • Options
    Did you really have to open it.
  • Options

Does he really deserve his own thread?

After all he's achieved, I think so.

• Options
    He's going to pop into Snappy Snaps on his way home.
  • Options
    Hope he got a designated driver
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    He was by no means the worst mind you........I thought he did quite well in fact.
  • Options
    Don't really see the need to abuse him?

He's a decent performer and has been an icon for British music in the past 30 odd years whether you like that fact or not.
  • Options
    He should have sung the Queen song, not Jessie J.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not really a fan of GM, however he has written some great songs, Freedom is one great song.
    The one act that did my head in, is that bloke Fatboy Slim, premixing other peoples songs, sampling (nicking) other artists sounds, pushing a few buttons, pointing your finger in the air and smiling smugly is not talent. I can understand why he was smug, he probably cant believe his luck.
    What GM did well was promote his new single to millions of people! How he convinced the organization committee is beyond me.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

He should have sung the Queen song, not Jessie J.

Quite right.

• Options
    thought he was ok, not the worst. Thought Gallagher was crap.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I'm not really a fan of GM, however he has written some great songs, Freedom is one great song.
    The one act that did my head in, is that bloke Fatboy Slim, premixing other peoples songs, sampling (nicking) other artists sounds, pushing a few buttons, pointing your finger in the air and smiling smugly is not talent. I can understand why he was smug, he probably cant believe his luck.
    What GM did well was promote his new single to millions of people! How he convinced the organization committee is beyond me.

Totally with you regarding fatboy slim - talk about luck - you left out the fact that he's shagging Zoe Ball!
  • Options
    Isn't everyone?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Isn't everyone?

Think of a number.
  • Options
    Anyone with any sense bodyswerved it.

• Options

The thing with Liam Gallagher is that he has never been a hugely talented singer, but the songs are brilliantly written and crowds will always sing along to them.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The thing with Liam Gallagher is that he has never been a hugely talented singer, but the songs are brilliantly written and crowds will always sing along to them.
    Agree Tom.

Also I think given that the Olympic people have pushed the young peoples legacy, that it would have been good to have an 'unknown' unsigned act play one song. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Thought the thing about GM that was pants was that he used the night to plug a new song - and the new song was utterly abysmal. I had visions of the show director screaming blue murder in the sound booth and shouting "what the bloody hell happened to Careless Whisper".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

not a fan of Fatboy Slim but the view towards DJ's that they just 'push a few buttons and point a finger' is wrong.

as a bit of a dance music and clubbing fan, the DJ is just as important as the music they are mixing.

As for GM, might have to get some double leathers and skull belt buckle for saturdays game.
  • Options
    I would have been more concerned if i'd gone to the toilet for a fag only to find GM in there and smiling at me.
  • Options
    I thought he was pretty good, certainly better than dragging out the likes of McCartney, Jones and Elton John again.

Impossible to put together a show that pleases everyone so I thought it was very good.

That Jessie J bird, who I had never seen before, is an absolute DW.
  • Options
    Ormy what's a DW? Sorry sheltered upbringing
  • Options
    Personally I'd have liked another Ray Davies tune-'Dedicated Follower' or 'Sunny Afternoon'- rather than GM's new one.
  • Options

Ormy what's a DW? Sorry sheltered upbringing

DW = Definitely Would

PW = Probably Would

DWN = Definitely Would Not

......and so on.

• Options
    she looks like a gremlin but i still would.
  • Options
    It was a bit off GM singing a new song on such an occasion, was it a condition he laid down to the organisers? "Faith" would surely have been more appropriate for the occasion...
  • Options

It was a bit off GM singing a new song on such an occasion, was it a condition he laid down to the organisers? "Faith" would surely have been more appropriate for the occasion...

My thoughts exactly, very strange move.
  • Options
    I thought GM's lastest release would be running down the toilet door.