Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cycling - Dartford to Canterbury

I was thinking of taking a gentle cycle ride from Dartford to Canterbury along Cycle Route 1. Has anyone cycled along this at all. Any experinces? Is the drop into the Medway and climb back out again a bit ambitious? I was thinking it would take me a whole day travelling around 10mph. I ain't no road cycling demon. Just wanted a day long ride through Kent as I need to visit to Canterbury next week.

Comments

• Options
    I rode Welling to Canterbury via Whistable a few months back before I done London to Paris. See http://connect.garmin.com/activity/184395590
    Didnt go via NCR1 but went out via Maidstone along Pilgrims Way and then back up Hollingbourne Hill. Its a great route and not too lumpy, although Hollingbourne will feel like a beast to the uninitiated.

Think CharltonCharlie may be your best bet as I vaguely remember him riding out that way on a winter training ride.

Never worry about the hills. Just pace yourself, keep drinking and eating regularly every 20 mins after the 1st hour.

• Options
    PQ, you're still with us, great stuff :-)

I haven't cycled that route I'm afraid, so can offer no comment, but knowing you're a fit gent, am sure you'll be fine...just echo what Jon says above...

You around on the 25th to meet up with Graeme for a beer before/after the game?
  • Options
    Wears me out driving up it PQ.