Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mr Fabrice Muamba

So under doctors orders Muamba has to retire. I say good luck to him and send him all the best from us. Thankful for every day.

Comments

• Options
    Best of luck to him.
  • Options
    is a miracle that he had people around him that had the equipment, quick thinking and skill to save his life. This news I think we were all waiting for. Best of luck to him in whatever he does next.
  • Options
    A miracle indeed. Hopefully he made enough money in his short career to tide him over for a while whilst he looks. I wonder what will come next for him.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if he tried his arm at being a pundit halfway through the season.
  • Options
    Shame, it would have been nice to have seen him down the Valley...best wishes to him.
  • Options
    Best of luck to him. Hope he can keep smiling and not dwell on his lost career - focus on a life won.
  • Options
    Best wishes, very sad to see a young promising player retire but in comparison to what could have been, living and leading a relatively normally life with his family is by far the most important thing to take out of this horrible event.
  • Options

Best wishes, very sad to see a young promising player retire but in comparison to what could have been, living and leading a relatively normally life with his family is by far the most important thing to take out of this horrible event.

Can only second this. Maybe the experience will help him find something related that he will be good at.

• Options
    Unfortunate for the guy but far better than a doc saying he will be able to play again only for the heart to give out again.... can't imagine anyone going through that twice. Good luck Fabrice whatever you go on to do.
  • Options
    Very sad news but I'm sure he has earnt very well from the game to live well. Would also think that he would get some sort of insurance payout
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him become some sort of community figure in the local area, working with children/disabled in relation to Football on behalf of Bolton/England.
  • Options
    Sad to hear , but not a surprise , i'm sure he's thankful he's still around.
  • Options
    Good luck to him - I hope the footballing industry will look after him.
  • Options
    will get a big insurance payout
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

will get a big insurance payout

A small consolation for having to give up doing something he obviously loved doing, but yeah.
  • Options
    When told of the news, a devastated Terry Henry sobbed......"normally, i'm really good with names and faces, but I can't remember this bloke at all"
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Unfortunate for the guy but far better than a doc saying he will be able to play again only for the heart to give out again.... can't imagine anyone going through that twice. Good luck Fabrice whatever you go on to do.

100% agree.

• Options
    He'll appreciate his life whichever road it takes so wish him all the best for the future.
  • Options
    Sad for him but this could so easily have been a RIP thread.

Congrats on the decision. I'm sure his family would've dreaded every minute and tackle if he'd have carried on playing.
  • Options
    On ITV4 now.
    Bloody tears in me eyes just listening to him......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On ITV4 now.
    Bloody tears in me eyes just listening to him......

Seems like such a nice lad as well
  • Options
    Saw he got married a few weeks back
    Good luck to him
    At least he came through the nightmare
    Atb maumba in where ever life takes you next?
  • Options
    That programme was sad