Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Birmingham

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
I think that Powell will go for the team that did the business last season but with Pritchard/Stephens in for Wagstaff/Green.

Hamer, Solly, Cort, Morrison, Wiggins ... Pritchard, Hollands, Stephens, Jackson ... Wright-Phillips, Kermorgant
Subs: Sullivan, Wilson, Taylor, Wagstaff, Haynes, Smith, Cook

Brum are in form. Their attack is dangerous. M King is a disreputable human being but a shrewd and tidy footballer. Manager Clark hates us, we ended his record run last season. All in all, just made for us to go there and tweak a few noses .. Birmingham City 2 v CAFC 2.

I'll be there as the guest of a Brummie supporter. I can't wait so see the smile knocked from her pretty face.
I hope that we as a club, and you as individual Addick Fanatics, have a marvelous season.

Comments

• Options
    Whatever the team I am feeling a little nervous about Saturday. I am going so hoping for a good result but ....
  • Options
    I have a good feeling about this game, think we are gonna snatch a 2 1 win.
  • Options
    Would be over the moon with a draw, but then again won't be slashing my wrists if we get narrowly beat.
  • Options
    backs against the wall 1st half come out 2nd play them off the park & snatch a totally undeserved win (LOL)
  • Options
    Reckon you have that team spot on.
  • Options
    Haven't given much thought to the team as I've been busily fashioning a fetching little outfit for the day out on Saturday.

A neat little green wheelie bin, sporting deftly cut holes for arms and legs topped off with a red & white crash helmet and racing goggles.

Oh and my lucky Charlton scarf.

Why this sudden change from the usual, Fanny, you may ask ...

Have just been told that Brum's friendly fans resorted to their old ways by throwing bricks at Barnet's supporters' coaches last night .

And that was after winning 5-1 .

Oh, and I shan't be taking a flask of hot soup this time( for Airman's information)
  • Options
    agree with Lincs except Kerkar on bench instead of Smith
  • Options
    Feel like we need another striker. Smith maybe needs a loan move to league 1 for a season.
  • Options

This. Think Kerkar would have more of an impact as a sub than Smith would.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm, are we playing the diamond formation or going back to a flat 4-4-2?

If we are playing the diamond then we might go with Pritchard, but if its a flat 4-4-2 then I can see us playing Waggy as Jackson is not a winger anyway.

Hamer
    Solly - Morrison - Cort - Wiggins
    Wagstaff - Hollands - Stephens - Jackson
    Wright-Philips - Kermorgant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he will go with pritch tucking in from the right. i wonder if he might consider starting kerkar as Holland may not be 100% and Holland played 120mins yet kerkar was removed?
  • Options
    I'd swap Wilson for Kerkar, Smith looks a really good prospect and gives us something different.

Worried about Cort/Taylor at this level.
  • Options
    Preview coming before 9.30, feel free to move stuff over to there when it's up.
  • Options
    So nervous about this one...can feel a convincing defeat coming. Shit.
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly, Cort, Morrison, Wiggins
    Pritchard, Stephens, Jackson
    Wright-Phillips, Kermorgant, Cook

• Options
    i can see us playing a 4-5-1/4-3-3
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly, Cort, Morrow, Wig,
    Stephens, Jacko, Pritch, Green
    Fuller,BWP
  • Options
    flat 442

Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Cort, Wiggins; Pritchard, Stephens, Hollands, Jackson; Kermorgant, Wright-Phillips.
  • Options
    Hamer
    Baldock
  • Options

flat 442

Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Cort, Wiggins; Pritchard, Stephens, Hollands, Jackson; Kermorgant, Wright-Phillips.

Yep, this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

on reflection, I agree
  • Options

Haven't given much thought to the team as I've been busily fashioning a fetching little outfit for the day out on Saturday.

A neat little green wheelie bin, sporting deftly cut holes for arms and legs topped off with a red & white crash helmet and racing goggles.

Oh and my lucky Charlton scarf.

Why this sudden change from the usual, Fanny, you may ask ...

Have just been told that Brum's friendly fans resorted to their old ways by throwing bricks at Barnet's supporters' coaches last night .

And that was after winning 5-1 .

Oh, and I shan't be taking a flask of hot soup this time( for Airman's information)

dressed like that ... you'll blend in well with the crowd, no-one'll see you coming .. enjoy the game, they're only Brummies !!
  • Options
    4-1-2-1-2

Hamer
    Solly-Cort-Morrison-Wiggins
    Hollands (defensive mid)
    Pritchard-Jackson/Waggy (if pace is essential)
    Stephens (attacking mid)
    Wright-Phillips Kermorgant