Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gareth Bale - Too loyal for his own good?

They say there's no loyalty left in the modern game and with the likes of Modric demanding moves away as soon as there's even a sniff of a big club interested you can see why but Gareth Bale defied this view this summer by signing a contract extension at Spurs amidst specualtion of interest from Madrid and Barca no less.

Will he regret this??? Spurs could well not make the top four this season with the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal strengthening considerably and players only get so many chances to join one of the top clubs in the world.

Here's one view on the matter and a poll to see how people are swaying on the question ! blog.oddslife.com/2012/08/gareth-bale-too-loyal/

Comments

• Wouldn't be the first player to sign a new deal just to bump up his wages, before demanding a move when a bigger club puts a bid on the table. So, if you don't mind, I'll reserve judgement until the spanish giants put in a firm offer.....................................
  • Big Pay rise until something better comes along Hmmm let me think is that loyalty?

As soon as Barca, Real or PSG put a firm bid in he will be off like a shot.

Look at Van Persie - yes he may be leaving because he wants trophies but the 200k a week helps as well!
  • I seem to recall one Parker S signing a 5 year contract and leaving a few months later...
  • I personally think Bale is overrated.
  • I personally think Bale is overrated.

This
  • He'll be off next summer
  • edited August 2012
    LenGlover said:

I seem to recall one Parker S signing a 5 year contract and leaving a few months later...

In fact Len he signed three five year contracts in the space of about eighteen months.
  • Big Pay rise until something better comes along Hmmm let me think is that loyalty?

As soon as Barca, Real or PSG put a firm bid in he will be off like a shot.

!

PSG? I couldn't see him going to PSG.
  • Wonder what get out clauses have been built in