Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Results Day

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Well it's that time of year again for people around my age, where a few letters appear to make plenty of difference to the rest of our lives.

I'm in the fortunate position of having exceeded my offer conditions! AAA, to study Music at the University of Bristol (offer was, surprisingly, ABB). I studied Music, History and Politics.

How has everyone else got on?

Comments

• Options
    Well done that man.
  • Options
    Well done lad, great going.

For those not so successful, do not despair. There will always be opportunities for you in crime, prostitution, drugs and the South London Press.
  • Options

For those not so successful, do not despair. There will always be opportunities for you in crime, prostitution, drugs and the South London Press.

Comment of the year

My nephew just got 3 A s and B and will be that's enough for him to go to his choice of Uni

So made up for him
  • Options
    My brother received an unconditional offer for Wolverhampton before he got his results which wasn't how things worked in my day! I personally don't think uni is worth the fees they now charge but he listened to my advice and made his own decision. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    At last , a thread we wont see Bunny on

Good luck to all today

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Well it's that time of year again for people around my age, where a few letters appear to make plenty of difference to the rest of our lives.

I'm in the fortunate position of having exceeded my offer conditions! AAA, to study Music at the University of Bristol (offer was, surprisingly, ABB). I studied Music, History and Politics.

How has everyone else got on?

Nobody likes a smart-arse....:)
  • Options
    Good luck everyone.

I remember mine well, was 7 years ago (flies past!). I managed to get ABB, which was very good for the school I went to and it got me into University.

Will never forget the feeling when I broke the good news to my Mum and Dad.
  • Options
    I did mine ten years ago and got CDE! I ended up being one of the best in my subject at uni.

Moral to story: You can achieve anything with hard work, don't get too down beat about things if you don't do as well as you hoped.
  • Options
    Got my AS results today:

One A*
    Two B's

Couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    A / A* results down 7% on the whole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much are the fees next year?
  • Options
    I see on Twitter Tom Daley got A's

A week after winning Olympic Bronze.
  • Options
    Well done @StubleyAddick
  • Options
    Got into Kent uni, fee's are 9k per year.
  • Options
    Folev, I spent four years at Kent Uni (2005-2009), you'll have a bloody great time there mate!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations Paddy, Stubley and Folev!
  • Options
    Managed to get 2As a B and a D for my AS results, massive relief more than anything
  • Options
    Well done to all. I am still studing at the University of Life after getting good grades at The School of Hard Knocks.
  • Options
    Its strange.

Young lads you don't know like Paddy, Stubley and Folev join here as 14/15 year olds, you remember them posting up their GCSE results, now they are done with their A-levels and off to Uni. It's like an online version of that 7-Up programme. I'm sure i'm not the only one literally following people's lives like i know them when in fact I don't !

Make sure you get a good celebration in lads !
  • Options
    Good luck to all Addicks getting their results today. Even if it doesn't go your way, just like the Premier League it isn't the be all and end all some would have you believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its strange.

Young lads you don't know like Paddy, Stubley and Folev join here as 14/15 year olds, you remember them posting up their GCSE results, now they are done with their A-levels and off to Uni. It's like an online version of that 7-Up programme. I'm sure i'm not the only one literally following people's lives like i know them when in fact I don't !

Should I be slightly worried...?

Still, thanks very much AFKA, three years will go by before you know it and I'll be jobless hey!

Also, shameless plug, but come celebrate everything with my band! A number of us are Addicks fans - of course ;) We play at the Comedy Pub, 7 Oxendon Street, tomorrow. We're on at half 9, but doors are at 7, there's a few other bands.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/events/398449373548363/
  • Options
    Well done everyone, got my results this time last year and have just finished my first year at Cardiff Uni. Having a cracking time and I'm sure you all will aswell.
  • Options

Its strange.

Congrats to others as well. Hope my A-Level results will be similar next year!

I still have another year before I hopefully go to Uni, but I know exactly what you mean!

• Options
    I got 3 E's when I done mine.

Thats probably why I failed.
  • Options
    Got an A two B's and a C at my AS levels today. Can now look forward to saturday!
  • Options
    Wow. 17 years ago I found out I had royally screwed up my A-Levels with two E's and and N. I blame the old bird I was hooked up with at the time. I went back to school at 23 to study for my ACCA accountancy and have been fortunate enough to work in Aus and Whistler as a finance director then on the cruise ships for a while... so if you passed, congrats... if you screwed up, don't despair there are plenty of opportunities out there.

Although I am currently unemployed living back at my Mum's temporarily at 35... haha... by choice though.
  • Options

Did the chap who asked us to do a survey on hydro thermal electric heating pass his geography exam?

Thats me. I get my GCSE results next week :S
  • Options
    Great results son, well done! Good luck for the future, i get my GCSE results next week, bricking it!
  • Options

How's that working out for You Dan ?