Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CP Press conference today - Losing the first four games/Dervite/Hayes/Kerker/The Championship

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
CAFC Twitter really upping their game this season. Excellent coverage

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP: "Reading lost their first four games last year and went on to be champions. That shows anything can happen." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

23m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP: "The mood is fantastic. I'm really proud of the squad at my disposal. They want to wear the shirt with pride." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

24m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP, on Salim Kerkar's debut: "The first signs were positive and I think there is more to come from him." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

26m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP, on Dorian Dervite: "He's back with us. We're hopeful of getting something done, but nothing has happened yet." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

27m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP, on Paul Hayes: "There was a possibility Paul was going to move on, but that fell through." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

29m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP, on the possibility of new players: "I hope so. I'm really hopeful something will happen before the end of August." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

31m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP, on St Andrews: "The atmosphere will be 100 per cent full on. It's up to us to handle that." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

31m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP "The Championship is quite unforgiving and a test of your physical and mental capabilities. But we'll be ready." #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

33m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

#pressday is underway... (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

59m Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

All journalists bar one have arrived at the media suite at Sparrows Lane. The gaffer should be up shortly. #pressday (IL) #cafc
Expand

Retweet

Comments

• Options
    CP "The Championship is quite unforgiving and a test of your physical and mental capabilities. But we'll be ready." #pressday (IL) #cafc
    Expand

Couldn't be put better CP! Hope he's right and we are ready!!
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options

CAFC Twitter really upping their game this season. Excellent coverage

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

CP: "Reading lost their first four games last year and went on to be champions. That shows anything can happen." #pressday (IL) #cafc
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Not strictly true. Reading took 4 points from their first two games, then lost four in a row.

• Options
    He sounds confident and ready for the challenge. Very reassuring. The spirit we have in the players camp is going to play a big part in these early stages.

As fans we can't let them down by not joining them with that.
  • Options
    shame about hayes
  • Options
    I certainly believe we will be physically nearing our peak, the Fulham post match interview with Powell reveals how much store he puts by good physical preparation. I assume all Championship clubs will be the same, but I expect that Chris expects us to get one or two results because despite playing better teams quite often, if they are lacking in physical fitness and effort we may be placed to exploit that factor.
  • Options
    Amen to that , cafctom
  • Options
    also worth mentioning that Reading were knocked out of the League Cup early on by a League 1 club, the name of which escapes me.
  • Options
    By a League 1 club's reserve team, actually, Macronate!
  • Options
    'Dervite is back with us' - wonder where he went then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scarp yard to look for a knee.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Scarp yard to look for a knee.

maybe a scrap yard even ;-))

• Options
    Damn you :-)