Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2012/13 Football betting thread

Comments

• Options
    Nathan you go steady with them stakes mate!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    United
    City
    Newcastle
    Spurs
    Hannover
    Napoli
    £2 wins £120
  • Options
    Good news

Used up a free bet on Man U earlier at 13/8

Bad news

Been saying since Friday QPR are well too long at 13/2 today at Spurs, but forgot to back it. Currently 1-0 up :-(
  • Options
    Spurs will get something out the game. Nick the Nap has spoken :)
  • Options
    He's not Nick the Nap for nowt !

Looks like I had a let off.
  • Options
    Dam right!

Looks like the loveable jermaine defoe has saved your bacon.
  • Options
    Had a 7 team accumulator over the weekend- had Charlton to draw. £1 stake would have returned £630. Got 6/7. 1st time I have ever wished we hadn't won
  • Options
    5 team accumulator. United, Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves and Gillingham. £112 back from £3 stake. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    Nice one @Spankie

Must admit, you can see how easy it is for people to get caught up in this betting malarky.

I rarely used to have a bet, maybe once a year on football and on the national but that was it. Last year I had what was (for me) a decent bet on Charlton winning the league which come in, then earlier this year opened a Paddy Power account. I won with my first bet on there, and just been playing with the winnings since.

Currently my account is six times what I originally put on the account six months ago, and if you include my Charlton bet from last year, I've posted something like a +600% increase from my stakes in the last year. My win ratio I suppose has been around 3 out of 4, which I knoe is well above the norm and mainly down to luck and limiting accys.

I'm deliberately 'fighting' it to only bet once every two weeks / three weeks, and will clear out the bulk of my account once it drops down to a certain point (which of course it eventually will), but its so easy to see how people get carried away.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Also United, NC to win and ArsvMC draw 5 returns 75

After a nice little win at the weekend, looking at throwing a bit on some cup games tonight. Liking the look of Wednesday, WH, Swindon, Swansea and Everton in some kind of combo. Thoughts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone tell me what my return would be on my Trebles from 4 now Brummy have lost? From some reason there as decimals on PaddyPower

Drogheda 4.20
    Juve 1.33
    Barca 1.07

50p on each line

50p on 1.33 and 1.07 shots? Why?
  • Options

Nice one @Spankie

Must admit, you can see how easy it is for people to get caught up in this betting malarky.

I rarely used to have a bet, maybe once a year on football and on the national but that was it. Last year I had what was (for me) a decent bet on Charlton winning the league which come in, then earlier this year opened a Paddy Power account. I won with my first bet on there, and just been playing with the winnings since.

Currently my account is six times what I originally put on the account six months ago, and if you include my Charlton bet from last year, I've posted something like a +600% increase from my stakes in the last year. My win ratio I suppose has been around 3 out of 4, which I knoe is well above the norm and mainly down to luck and limiting accys.

I'm deliberately 'fighting' it to only bet once every two weeks / three weeks, and will clear out the bulk of my account once it drops down to a certain point (which of course it eventually will), but its so easy to see how people get carried away.

I usually look on the app on the way home. Done a couple of accumulators on weekend footy and the CL and only won a bit when England played Moldova recently. Only ever a fiver put on and this one came in...FINALLY!! Must have been fate with United and Spurs both being one down to come back to win!
  • Options
    Newcastle to win at OT tonight in the Capital One cup - 11/2. That huge odds for a team likely to play a very strong starting XI against the Man Utd kids.
    Will be building my 5 team accumulator around that tonight.
  • Options
    if Chelsea put a weak team out against Wolves i can see them getting beat with Wolves at 9/1
  • Options
    West Amm
    Man City -1
    Swindon v Burnley - both to score

Treble
  • Options
    Sunderland 11/10 to win at MK Dons seems generous, as does Swindon 13/10 to beat Burnley.

I like JohnBoyUK's thinking re Newcastle - will wait for confirmed team news before putting that one on though.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Wolves manager has said hes putting out a second string due to their congested fixtures. Think Chelsea will walk that one

if Chelsea put a weak team out against Wolves i can see them getting beat with Wolves at 9/1

Gone for WestH/Leeds and Swansea/Sheff Wed doubles
  • Options
    Had some 10.5 on Villa at Betfair this morning. City will rest plenty and Mancini says he is not taking this cup seriously whereas Villa will be desperate for a resilt
  • Options
    Manu game tomorrow right?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited September 2012
    City's 2nd string could win the League cup. Tevez & Ballotelli are starting up front !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to do this for Wednesday.

Man utd v Newcastle
    Wba v Liverpool
    Norwich v Doncaster
    Rangers v Motherwell

Acc + Doubles and trebles
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Wolves manager has said hes putting out a second string due to their congested fixtures. Think Chelsea will walk that one

Gone for WestH/Leeds and Swansea/Sheff Wed doubles
    ah thanks for the heads up. didnt know that.
  • Options
    Bradford
    Everton
    Sunderland
    Middlesbrough
    Juventus
    £2 wins 70
  • Options
    Swansea
    Everton
    Burnley
    12-1
  • Options
    How about a potential red card in the Leeds v Everton game. Elbows fellaini. Scumbag diouf. Browns not one to pull out of a challenge
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Swansea
    Everton
    Burnley
    12-1

Glad I just rushed to put this bet on.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Sunderland 11/10 to win at MK Dons seems generous, as does Swindon 13/10 to beat Burnley.

I like JohnBoyUK's thinking re Newcastle - will wait for confirmed team news before putting that one on though.

Yay, finally some winnings. Now to lose it all on Newcastle tomorrow.

• Options
    won £85 of a goals galore tonight, finally a win after coming so bloody close every time.
  • Options
    Man City have blown my 22 team bet. Would you believe it.
    Would have won 10k for a 1.50 bet. 15 results right tonight with 6 tomorrow to come.
    Will be gutted if all 6 come in.
  • Options
    Need all these to win later to get £34

Reading
    Spurs
    Arsenal