Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Canadian visa for Brits

We don'y need one for shortish tourism visits, right?

Comments

• Options

We don'y need one for shortish tourism visits, right?

stayed there for a week round some relatives a couple of years ago. Dont remember having to do anything like apply for a visa
  • Options
    No - I think you get upto 3 months

Where you going?
  • Options
    vancouver and edmonton mostly.... take the train between the two :)
  • Options

vancouver and edmonton mostly.... take the train between the two :)

Know them both very, very well - give me a shout if you have any questions!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Never been to Vancouver but I'm living in Edmonton so ditto, give me a shout if you have any questions.
  • Options
    No visa needed for touristic trips.
  • Options
    Btw. Vancouver is fabulous.
  • Options
    Never really been to Canada. Just popped across the border at Niagra Falls and then back into the US again! As a Brit, I know it won't apply to Canadians, if you fly into Vancouver and then drive up into Alaska does anyone know if you still need to get a US ESTA or is that solely an aircraft thing?
  • Options
    Calgary is another fine city if anyone gets the chance to visit.
  • Options
    My brother lives in vancouver. I've been there a few times. Lovely city
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vancouver is a wonderful city, could see myself living there. Didn't need a visa when I visited a few years ago. Enjoy yourself!
  • Options
    Advice required, we are looking at some cruises in 2013 departing New York 23rd September ending up Montreal 3rd October or reverse 3rd October ending in New York 13 th October or again NY to Montreal 13-23 Oct and final choice Montreal to Miami 23 Oct till 7th November never been to USA or Canada, would like to see Autumn colours which would be the best date to go in your opinion, understand there no set dates for tree to change colour, and that colour is weather dependent.

Also what would the normal weather be like at that time of year, don't mind rough weather but do like a little warmth. Any clues would be appreciated.

Regards
    Kerry
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Never really been to Canada. Just popped across the border at Niagra Falls and then back into the US again! As a Brit, I know it won't apply to Canadians, if you fly into Vancouver and then drive up into Alaska does anyone know if you still need to get a US ESTA or is that solely an aircraft thing?

The website states that it applies to arriving in the US by air or sea, so presumably isn't required if you go over a land border...

• Options
    I believe if driving from Canada to the States you just have to fill out a decleration at the border. Not done it myself yet but I'm pretty sure it's a different arrangement to traveling by air or sea.
  • Options
    I'm in Canada now and u don't need one
  • Options
    You can come for 6 months as a visitor. Vancouver is awesome; try get over to Vancouver Island too...is an amazing country.
  • Options
    I'm going back over to Whistler to work in Mid September for the ski season.. love it over there!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Also what would the normal weather be like at that time of year, don't mind rough weather but do like a little warmth. Any clues would be appreciated.

Regards
    Kerry

weather in vancouver tends to be similar to our own . it rains as much sometimes more so.
    only been to New York in the summer so can't help you there... But I know it's too hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. So I imagine the autumn would be a nice time to go.
  • Options
    Stebo, thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Advice required, we are looking at some cruises in 2013 departing New York 23rd September ending up Montreal 3rd October or reverse 3rd October ending in New York 13 th October or again NY to Montreal 13-23 Oct and final choice Montreal to Miami 23 Oct till 7th November never been to USA or Canada, would like to see Autumn colours which would be the best date to go in your opinion, understand there no set dates for tree to change colour, and that colour is weather dependent.

Regards
    Kerry

NY can be hot right up to the end of September...when I lived in NY the September was fantastic temp around 75f (25c), October was OK, then it got cold in November and then the snow came in Dec/Jan....very cold. The fall isn't easy to predict but generally Sept/Oct isn't a bad time to see the 'changing colours'....if you can visit Bear Mountain, it's about 20 miles north of New York City...a great place to see the Autumn colours and to do a spot of hiking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been to New York in March - one day everybody was sweltering in shorts and t-shirts, the next it was snowing heavily. I think it just depends on the latitude that the jet stream is travelling along as to whether it's hot & dry or cold & wet.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks everyone. Seems like then it's just a matter of luck to catch the change in colour, makes a decision difficult.