Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going to take a trip this Sunday

To the coast fancy broadstairs but I am open to other suggestions not doing Dorset as to far so anywhere anyone can recommend along The Kent coast

My kids are 2 and a half and 11 sandy beach is a must but don't mind it being quiet without any rides

Comments

• Options
    Camber Sands?
  • Options
    Not quite the Kent coast but Littlehampton is really nice
  • Options
    Or Sandwich, thinking about it.
  • Options
    One problem re Broadstairs is that if the weather forecast is set fair, traffic jams can be a real pain in the arse!
    It's a lovely little place.
  • Options
    Yeah been stuck in those mate many a time going to head down there aiming for half 8 nine o'clock in broadstairs

There was a cracking little cove in between margate and broadstairs it had a pub on top of the cliff and stairs down to the beach but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called
  • Options

Yeah been stuck in those mate many a time going to head down there aiming for half 8 nine o'clock in broadstairs

There was a cracking little cove in between margate and broadstairs it had a pub on top of the cliff and stairs down to the beach but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called

Not jos bay ?

• Options
    Camber is great.
  • Options
    I will google it mate and check
  • Options
    30+ degrees on Sunday. Broadstairs will be insanely busy. The beach is small and as nice as it is, will become hugely crowded. Also when I went down there earlier this month there were 2 hour limits on the parking meters.
  • Options
    Going to Broadstairs on Sunday. Might see you there.

Apparently The Fayreness has a family day with plenty going on if your kids want to get away from the sand for a few hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Broadstairs. I'm there now. If u do head there on sunday,don't go to the main part (Viking bay), go to botany bay. Plenty of parking and it doesn't get uncomfortably busy.
  • Options
    Sounds a pain clem never used to be like that

Yeah it was joss bay shooters ta

Wife got head and heart set on broadstairs so that is where we will go

Great info bolderh so it seems like there will be plenty to do

Brum away and broadstairs sunday should be a great weekend
  • Options
    JT said:

Camber is great.

Certainly is and a lot more room than Broadstairs. Get in early for a decent parrking spot.
  • Options
    Bit of a treck for you mate but Filey or Whitby up here in Yorkshire, both lovely places. Avoid Scarborough though, it's full of bagheads, skanky single mums and nonces.
  • Options
    Went to whitstable for a bit last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Didn't stay long but seemed a nice place.
  • Options
    Greatstone on sea, inbetween camber and dymchurch is a favourite of mine lovely sandy beach and easy parking, also nice fish and chip shop opposite
  • Options
    Isn't Warmington on sea somewhere near there ;0)
  • Options
    Botany bay which is next to joss bay,nice grass top cliff with the fayreness pub.Lovely sandy cove beach.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Westgate - on -sea is great if you want sand sea & rocks for the kids to go crabing. Best part is you can park right on the front FREE. Not much there other than a decent cafe but great for young kids.
  • Options
    what hartleypete said ,superb crabbing, took all my lot when they were young and had a fantastic day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't beat Minnis Bay and a bit closer to the Smoke?
  • Options
    Broad stairs is top today nice and warm sea is clean and not to cold

Rammo but not to bad to piss you off

Parking was ok

England in the right weather is the best
  • Options
    time to re raise this one I reckon, seems like from weds and into the weekend we are in for some more good weather

having just returned from some of the best beaches the uk has in wales looking for one closer to home thinking botany bay anyone else heading out this week with the kids
  • Options
    Off to Devon on Friday and I can't bleedin wait!!!
  • Options
    St Marys Bay was always a nice day out when I was a kid.
  • Options
    Will try to get down to Margate and Minnis Bay with Henry Jnr at the end of the week
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

St Marys Bay was always a nice day out when I was a kid.

Spent the day down there a couple of weeks ago. Lovely sandy beach, got there about half nine and didn't leave until seven. Britain is great when you get the weather.
  • Options
    should get you and the little one off to the beaches in wales mate blew me away the flat sandy beaches the clear warmish water unreal