Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confidence restored

After today's performance I have realised , maybe I underestimated the team and powell , I feel a lot more positive after nearly beating top opposition , any other views ?

Comments

• Options
    Good start, long season. Said we'd do ok, a couple of good signings could make us even better.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Good start, long season. Said we'd do ok, a couple of good signings could make us even better.

This
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I have to agree. That performance feels me with confidence (as much as it can following online commentary). I'm extra excited now for the rest of the season. We have to be careful of the opposite effect happening now though, we can't start to expect a top six finish just because we've had a good performance on the first day of the season. That's not to say don't bask in it however, I'm delighted with our result today (and gutted at the same time), and believe we can have a decent season.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Agree but today showed we dont need those extra's to stay up only if we want to aim for the top 6.(which we dont need to do)

• Options
    Good start against top opposition. Let's see where we are after 10 games. Feeling good though.
  • Options
    If we could sign Baldock to stick those half chances away it could be the difference between mid to lower half and play offs.
  • Options
    Seeing as they are up there in the top 4 or 5 teams I feel we can make a push for the playoffs, if wevhad been more decisive it could have been a better score
  • Options
    really impressive sounding performance ... gonna be interesting against Liecester ... would love over 20k there and a win...
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2012
    Valley11 said:

If we could sign Baldock to stick those half chances away it could be the difference between mid to lower half and play offs.

They were clear cut chances today but I get your point.
  • Options
    yes, I feared a bit of a nightmare.....against the blues.
    Was not there , but the comments seemed to think we could have won this.
    Taking BWP and Jacko off, because of Tuesday's game....... could have cost us 2 points.
    Mind you I would have done so myself in the circumstances, just goes to show that the subs bench is important in this league.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were unlucky, for large spells of the game we dominated possession and play. Naturally on the train feeling robbed but these things happen.

All day I would've taken a point, but during the game I think we really did outplay them. There were a few city fans that were saying it as they left!

If that really was one of the more challenging fixtures then I'm fairly confident about this year; we shouldn't have any worries and may even do well!
  • Options
    Glad to get that out of the way. Shows we can compete with the best in this Division. On that showing we could be contenders. :-)
  • Options
    Next two home games are very important. Great result today.

Pleased Sharon didn't score.
  • Options
    I had a dream two nights ago that we would lose 8-1 (it felt so real) so I was nervous about today, but now I am really gutted at only getting a draw. Football, its a funny old game indeed!
  • Options
    Relieved, but early doors n all that
  • Options
    Thought we'd be done 2 or 3 nil tbh... great result!!
  • Options
    Im amazed, didn't think we had enough to compete with the Birminghams yet. Top 6 a possibility....
  • Options
    I know its only one played and that usually all the teams are up for it in the first game, but I think we'll do ok this season. I can't imagine a side that pisses the third division with 101 points, wouldn't be good enough to compete in the championship
  • Options
    If we put that 11 on the pitch 46 times this season, more times than not we will avoid defeat.

It's when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in that we need to worry. The bench already looks painfully thin on the striking front.

Didn't think we'd get anything today so a good point and something to build on. Just hope we can find the means to bring in that extra couple of players that we are going to need.
  • Options
    agree though that we need to try to strengthen the squad in depth to cope with the entire season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My concern is we are a different side at home than we are away.
    We need to play in the same fashion against Leicester.
  • Options

I'm less concerned about home games this year.

Last year so many teams came and put 11 men behind the ball it was ridiculous. For some reason when that happened, we played with no tempo and struggled to break down the likes of Rochdale and Bury.

This year teams will come and have a go. That'll allow us to play in the same style that we do away from home.

• Options
    After today I hope so. We saw the best of Stephens today. A bit of space and time and he is a whole new player.

• Options

I'm less concerned about home games this year.

Last year so many teams came and put 11 men behind the ball it was ridiculous. For some reason when that happened, we played with no tempo and struggled to break down the likes of Rochdale and Bury.

This year teams will come and have a go. That'll allow us to play in the same style that we do away from home.

This
  • Options
    I was out and about and celebrating a win ! How late did they score ?
  • Options
    PL54 Member
    6:59PM
    Quote Think someone said 15secs from time :-(
  • Options

After today's performance I have realised , maybe I underestimated the team and powell , I feel a lot more positive after nearly beating top opposition , any other views ?

This post is exactly what i am thinking !!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Pretty much the last kick of the game.
  • Options
    I think anyone who 'lost' confidence in this team (without any reason to!) should take a hard look.

Today showed that with 100 percent commitment and bottle, you can go up against the likes of Birmingham at their place and get something.

The fans were the 12th man today too, and it made it feel like a home match atmosphere which must have helped the players.